DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 5 - BOOK SPOILERS!

Niniel

The following thread will contain spoilers for all five books of A Song of Ice and Fire!

So it´s only 60 days left! Yay! I´ve been looking forward to this season since last season ended. I have become a lurker on both Westeros and WotW to get the latest news. It seems like the show will drift away from the books more and more. I don´t mind as long as all my favourite scenes are in.  :laugh:

Some news:

The first trailer

A Day in the Life

Official photos

A list on what we know so far (Westeros)

(I hope I´m allowed to link to other sites.)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thougts so far:

1. Dorne:

Doran Martell looks yummy! Yes, he does.  :smile:

Jaime and Bronn get different stories from the books since they are going to Dorne in the show. I look forward to seeing the Sand Snakes and I´m not particularly upset that Jaime and Bronn are going there. I don´t mind them cutting Arianne or Quentyn either. 

Not looking forward to a Myrcella - Trystane love story. 

My biggest fear is that Bronn will die. He is one of my favourite characters so I hope he makes it.

2. Kings Landing:

Looks like it will mostly follow the books. The High Sparrow enters the scene, Cersei getting more and more mad and paranoid, Tommen and Margery getting married... I look forward to the Walk scene. I´m not that interested in Cersei or Tommen but they need to be in the story.

3. The Vale

Darth Sansa... lol. We´ll see what she is up to. It will be WoW material or new material. Some believe that she will be the new "fake Arya" but I really hope that is not true. She will meet Brienne and Pod some time. Littlefinger seems to leave her alone for a while, while he is travelling to Kings Landing. I like that Sansa is not the vicitim anymore and I look forward to see what happens to her, even though she is not one of my favourite characters.

4. The North

There has been little news from the North. I look forward to Theon´s story. I really think Alfie Allen does an amazing job. 

Please let there be a Wyman Manderly. And a Wylla. And Frey pies!!! As Sansa would say: "It´s all I ever wanted."

We´ll see if the war starts this season or not.

I hope Asha/Yara gets some better scenes this season.

Balon is still alive and we´ll see if any of his brothers show up. 

5. The Wall

It will be fun to see the election. 

Maester Aemon and Sam seems to stay at the wall and I think it´s Aemon´s funeral that we see in the trailer. I hope we get the "I dreamt I was old, Egg" lines. I´m not sure what Sam is going to do. Hopefully not fooling around with Gilly. Sam is one of my favourite characters and I want him to have a great story.

Jon is going to Hardhome. That is new. Hopefully we will see some great White Walkers or the Others. 

Please let there be a "Edd, fetch me a block" scene.

Will he get stabbed this season? Hopefully.

6. Pentos

Varys followed Tyrion over the sea and we will see what happens to him. Tyrion looks good in that beard. I hope he is a little less grumpy than in the books. 

Jorah will probably kidnap him somewhere. I would love a lot of Jorah scenes. *drools*

Will there be an Aegon or not? It seems not but we´ll see. The obviously need to cut a lot since they only have two seasons left.

7. Meereen

I´m really looking forward to Daznak´s Pit. Dany´s story has been soooo boring but there it got exciting again. I loved her hallucinations but I´m not sure if they will show it. Would be great to see Viserys and Drogo again. 

8. Riverlands

Seems that there will be no Riverlands story this season. So what will happen to Brienne, Jaime and Lady Stonehart? I guess I´m one of the few that really wish that they cut Lady Stonehart. She is creepy and I think there will be enough people that is not dead although they should be.

9. Braavos

Really looking forward to Arya´s story. From what I´ve heard, Jaquen H´gar might turn up. Maybe as one of the Kindly Man´s faces? 

Anything else?

Oh, right. I really look forward to the GoT Exhibition that is coming to Stockholm late this year or early next year.  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

i finally saw the teaser for this season ...

i cant wait!!!!!!!   i got goosebumps over my entire body through the entire trailer.

given that we see Drogon again, it looks like they're gonna get Danny';s arc at least to where it was at the end of book 5 *nods*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was great!

Just a week left! Well six days for most of you, I guess. 

I realised that I forgot to post pictures in this thread. Here are some:

014.jpg

b49361dd-b3cc-427f-b82a-683c420e43bf.jpg

e4306a8d-fe30-42df-ae3b-6dcd572ed0ae.jpg

b2d179a7-df6e-4723-9d33-c7d3ee55553c.jpg

e904cdc4-8fd6-4a94-9668-1d4a8540e985.jpg

489b9aef-9e60-480a-bf38-bc3cacee1661.jpg

E01: The Wars to Come

Wow - finally! I just saw it so here is some first impressions:

- The dragons finally have names! That scene wasn´t the best though. 

- The actress playing young Cersei did a great job. I wonder why they didn´t include the "Volanqar" part. Maybe it will be part of the next episode? It seems like they forgot that Cersei actually gave birth to four kids in the show. Oops!

- I love the scenes at the Wall. I guess Mance is truly dead. We never got to see Mel and her shining red stone. I really liked that Jon shot Mance. Sam was funny. I wonder what will happen to him this season. 

- Sansa and Brienne almost met. lol 

- Robin fighting. lol 

- I didn´t recognize Lancel with his hair cut. I didn´t recognize Kevan either - it has been too long since he was in the show.

- And Loras is gay. Really? I had no idea. Maybe they could do some more scenes to remind the audience in case they forgot.  :rolleyes:

Three more episodes have been leaked but I will not watch them! I will not watch them! Seriously, I won´t. I hope I can keep that promise. 

• Community Administrator

- The actress playing young Cersei did a great job. I wonder why they didn´t include the "Volanqar" part. Maybe it will be part of the next episode? It seems like they forgot that Cersei actually gave birth to four kids in the show. Oops!

- I love the scenes at the Wall. I guess Mance is truly dead. We never got to see Mel and her shining red stone. I really liked that Jon shot Mance. Sam was funny. I wonder what will happen to him this season. 

- Robin fighting. lol 

- I didn´t recognize Lancel with his hair cut. I didn´t recognize Kevan either - it has been too long since he was in the show.

- And Loras is gay. Really? I had no idea. Maybe they could do some more scenes to remind the audience in case they forgot.  :rolleyes:

Three more episodes have been leaked but I will not watch them! I will not watch them! Seriously, I won´t. I hope I can keep that promise. 

Aye.. its very tempting to find and watch them, but ultimately not worth watching them all. Not unless you want to wait 1 month for new episodes. >_<

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  .....  HBO seems to be cutting a lot of plots and trudging forward into their own material.

Kings Landing

not liking how they're setting this up, especially with Jamie and Cersie.  i wonder why they've kept these two civil, rather than showing her being a complete arse to him like in the book. i also wonder why they nixed setting the Hand's Tower on fire. and why they cut out the last bit of the prophecy (where she'll watch her kids die before she dies and will be slain by her brother). i'm glad they started the Sparrow arc, i didn't recognize Lancel without blonde hair, and i'm glad that Kevin Lannister (i think thats their uncles name) is there now *nods*

the little girl that played Cersie was wonderful.  you knew it was her on sight ^_^  wonderful casting choice.

The Wall

Stannis was good, the Red Lady was good, Gods Ghost has gotten huge, Jon was good ....  all in all, the scenes at the Wall were good :)

Sansa

lol at Robins fighting ...  though i thought in the books Littlefinger killed him  (i haven't read the books since 2011, excluding DwD, so i'm due for a re-read).  i still wish that Sansa would die, they have yet to make me care for her character.  maybe she'll be prancing about too close to the moon door play dancing and slip and fall through ....

not sure what i make of Littlefigner's plan of sending her across the narrow sea ....  i do hate that HBO is now caught up with her book story line.  i hope that by sending her over seas, this is there way of "washing their hands of her until next season)

Tyrion

the Imp is always a welcome scene  ^_^  he's wallowing in his misery, as he should.  and becoming a drunkard, as he should.  i laughed at the "can't i drink myself to death on the road to Mereen" when the Spider gave him a choice.

i wonder why their skipping over Danny's cousins story line.  i wanted to see the arrogant prat get melted.  it was a rather funny part in the book  >:)

i also wonder if their going to skip the whole slavers bay part with Tyrion ....  if so, how will they get Mormount back in the story?

Danny

her story is droll, as it was in the books.  HBO continues to speed up her story which is good.  i feel sorry for the dragons, its not their fault she's a horrible dragon handler :P  hopefully one more episode max of her dithering on re-opening the fighters pits and they'll move on

Bernie

its creeping ever closer to where she meets Stoneheart.  i'm not looking forward to Catlyn again, but i am looking forward to getting bernie's story away from meandering around and on track.  i laughed when she was that close to Sansa

Aye.. its very tempting to find and watch them, but ultimately not worth watching them all. Not unless you want to wait 1 month for new episodes. >_<

My thoughts exactly.

Plus my cable provider just gave me a smokin' deal where I got a crappy digital cable package but HBO, Starz and Encore for a year at only $20 a month more than what I was paying for internet alone, so I'm trying a season without being a pirate for once.

- Robin fighting. lol 

Yes, waiting a whole month would be tough.

Off track, did anyone read the Sansa chapter from the Winds of Winter that George RR Martin released in his website ?

Yes.

I thought it was good. A little slow perhaps. I really want him to end in just two more books. But I like Sansa more and more and this was a good chapter for her.

• Community Administrator
i wonder why their skipping over Danny's cousins story line.  i wanted to see the arrogant prat get melted.  it was a rather funny part in the book  >:)

.. I don't recall this?

I recall Tyrion meting a guy claiming to be related to her, don't remember him getting 'melted'...

Off track, did anyone read the Sansa chapter from the Winds of Winter that George RR Martin released in his website ?

No, but I'm going to right now.  Thanks <3

.. I don't recall this?

I recall Tyrion meting a guy claiming to be related to her, don't remember him getting 'melted'...

I think Red may have been referring to Quentyn, who has Targaryen blood.  Personally, I didn't see Quentyn as arrogant, but as an earnest boy forced by duty into a situation where he was way over his head.  It was tragic.

didn't know there was one.  on one hand i want to rush off, find it and gobble it ...  on the other hand its a Sansa chapter and ...  well unless it ends up with her growing up because she stops being a naive little twit ...  i'd rather wait for the book to skim the chapter thb  :laugh:

.. I don't recall this?

I think Red may have been referring to Quentyn, who has Targaryen blood.  Personally, I didn't see Quentyn as arrogant, but as an earnest boy forced by duty into a situation where he was way over his head.  It was tragic.

^ this.

and i disagree womby.  he sauntered into a pit that held two of Dannys dragons and was like "lawl i'm blood of the dragons too.  watch me bend these stupid beasts to my will."

his demise and subsequent melting (which was against the warning of everyone there and, i believe, the strict "dont go near my dragons" from Danny) was not only anything but tragic, it was humorous, well deserved and a justified death for a little snot nosed prat that thought he could not only walk in and tame 2 dragons but also leash Danny and use her as a whipping girl.

i mean, after all, the boy was of the mind that he was going to waltz into Mereen, marry Danny because shes a simpering girl who knows less than Jon Snow, and the take her Dragons (which would swoon at his mighty ...  sword ... and dragon blood) and then fly over to Westeros where all would do nothing more than take one look at him and his magnificent self and bow before him.  cause he's good like that.

Archived