DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everything in Australia Will Kill You

Ryrin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that Australia outlawed a "Peppa Pig" episode because she said spiders weren't to be feared. I actually watched that very episode with my son and spent several minutes telling him why he should stay away from spiders. We have several dangerous spiders here, I don't want him picking up ANY! Couldn't imagine that flying down under at all. 

Peppa Pig is English and we don't have any terrible dangerous animals to deal with. Our house spiders look awful but are perfectly safe. We have one poisonous snake, that barely exists in the wild untouched places (although one did kill my grandma's poodle ages ago) so we have always told our younglings to not be afraid of things that won't harm them.

Australia would have a WHOLE SERIES to deal with things that George should be afraid of.

My boyfriend lives in Australia. He often gets visited by huge spiders covered in babies. And geckos. And other things I can't remember. His dad likes spiders, though, so he has to let them roam the house. D8 I would die under those conditions. The biggest spider I ever saw outside of the zoo was about an inch and a half across and it was scary enough...it liked to look at me when I talked about it.

*shivers*

I don't mind spiders... as long as there's one... and it's somewhere I can keep an eye on it until I find a way to get it away from me... and as long as there's just one... spiders with babies... *cringes* 

• 4 months later...

Archived