DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revolution - NBC, Mondays 10/9c [Spoilers]

Red2111

i liked last nights episode alot more as well. it left alot more questions than answers, whcih is good. especially abotu Miles past.

yeha, Miles and the black dude from Breaking Bad are abotu the only characters i give two hoots about currently in this show. though the mercenary that has the thing for Charley still perks my interest a bit, i'm still tryignto figure out what his aim is XD

Charely has not grown on me, at all. and tbh, her brother ... i think he'd be a good actor choice for Rand if they ever do a live action WoT show :laugh:

ive been enjoying it. and while MODERN bullets dont seem to be usable, there dosent seem to be anything wrong with making led balls for blackpowder. there are resons why you wouldent be able to make a machine gun work with 8050s tech. for one thing the powder would jam it up to fast. i dont know what exact cemical prosses you would need to make smokless powder, but i know the south could never make reloads for the spencer rifles the union had during the cival war, and they tried. next episode shows steam train and last one had steam ships mentiond so i dont know where anyone got the idea that steam wouldent work, i got the idea it was illigal for civilians to have. kinda like the gun thing. i hope it sticks around, but i agree that it will have to get a little bit better.

My biggest issue with the show is the "15 years after the Blackout" in the change novels they had reworked technologies the best it could and that had weird rules.

I could believe the setting if it was, say, 5 years later, But the story showed only electricity doesn't work. They should have had steam engines running years earlier.

Pretty sure all the engineers at Purdue, Rose-Hulman, Michigan, and M.I.T. (all well regarded engineering schools in the Monroe Republic) didn't die right away.

actually I think college engineers (like designing engineers) would be dumbfounded with the loss of electrictity.

Power engineers would be able to rework steam turbines and bring electricity back (if basic infrastructure was still around) I never watched the show just commenting

I have yet to meet an engineer (and I know several) who does not like fiddling around with hand tools. Even the rocket scientists have to masters of Physics 101.

I also know black smithing today is more common then people think.

And the Republic of Monroe contains the Amish country.

• Community Administrator

I have yet to meet an engineer (and I know several) who does not like fiddling around with hand tools. Even the rocket scientists have to masters of Physics 101.

Heh, I could see the Amish just laughing at all us kooky americans and our inability to cope with life without electricity.

Coruse, They wouldn't really laugh but they would find the irony in it. :wink:

Amish aside, Blacksmithing, in its purest sense, is more common as you say then people think, but that doesnt' make it common enough. (specially with any kind of population decrease, coupled with little infrastructer (cars), would make casting anything stronger than Iron.. pretty tough.)

I have a fr

Heh, I could see the Amish just laughing at all us kooky americans and our inability to cope with life without electricity.

Coruse, They wouldn't really laugh but they would find the irony in it. :wink:

Amish aside, Blacksmithing, in its purest sense, is more common as you say then people think, but that doesnt' make it common enough. (specially with any kind of population decrease, coupled with little infrastructer (cars), would make casting anything stronger than Iron.. pretty tough.)

I have a friend who lives near Raleigh who does it as a hobby and is happy to teach others. His forge is made from a propane tank and ammo can. I live in a community with lots of horses so there are a few blacksmiths in town.

That's not mentioning the ease of reworking metal. As you pointed out, there is plenty of scrap and steel can be refitted. I once read an article about how to use the leaf spring from a car to make a sword.

• 2 weeks later...

so this week they got to use something very special in their episodes. something only one other tv/movie has even been able to do. they were allowed to use the music of Led Zeplin.

aside from that, i find myself less interested in the main story line and more interested in the back story line now. i'm really finding myself hoping that they kill off charlie, i have no clue why she's the central character in all of thsi and frankly dont care about her. its more interesting to see what happened 15 years ago with Milo and Monro.

• 1 month later...

Charlie is the typical young hero of almost every series with teen on adventure . Usually as it is a boy who take that kind of role , young and naive they offer the possibility to create a group of adventurer who can interact and grow on each other . Really there is nothing out of the ordinary with Charlie a part from the fact the actress is annoying .

On the other hand the character of Miles is really interesting and have a lot of potential , I was a bit disappointed by the confrontation with Monroe .

The show as a real problem , it's plot , if you think about it more than 2 minute it become a bit ridiculous . First why do car don't work ? while we can understand the shortage of modern bullet , facility and raw material to produce them might be difficult to procure , car work primarily with petroleum , diesel  , gas  , and while it may harder to work them without electricity with a little ingenuity they would work nonetheless .

We learn why there's is no more power in the 6 or 7 episode ,

Ben company's a found a way to inhibit electricity

, and that is astonishing .

Astonishing that the writer and producer never bother to check if that would have another ramification than simply stop the power from working , I am no scientist but I know that without it our bodies would shut down , our heart would stop beating , our brain would simply shutdown , human and animals would simply die on the spot without electricity .

Worst if you push it a bit further  in Doctor who episode Journey's end ,  a weapon similar as this one , the reality bomb is used , it cancel any electrical field , the one that bonds atoms , and simply put reality dissolve .

Archived