DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Revolution - NBC, Mondays 10/9c [Spoilers]

Red2111

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it last night. I thought it was a mixed bag. Some of the acting was good and some was TERRIBLE! That kid that supposed to be pretending to sleep? Come on! And the story is interesting, but rushed. I mean, they walk to Chicago and into a bar and the first guy they speak to is the one they're looking for? Seriously?

That sounds bad, but actually I enjoyed it overall. I like that fat, bearded computer nerd. They said his name was Aaron and I was all "Perrin!"

And the story is interesting, but rushed. I mean, they walk to Chicago and into a bar and the first guy they speak to is the one they're looking for? Seriously?

Actually the kids dad sent them directly to that bar/hotel so not so rushed. He obviously knew he would be in the place.

Kinda wish they stayed more with the immediate aftermath of the event. I assume there will be plenty of flashbacks though to fill in the 15 year gap.

A lot of questions to be answered. Whats the locket thing and why does that lady have one too? What happened to the Mom? How did a sergeant in the armed forces end up a general and dictator of the local "republic"?

I'll be DVRing in the future. 10 pm start is a litle late for me with a 4am wake up. Plus I've come to despise commercials.

One bit I am having trouble believing is the existing US government (and other nations too, I'm guessing) collapsing because of no electricity. The USA existed for more than a hundred years without all the things that don't work anymore. The Roman Empire lasted for centuries without electric power. So how does not having it mean that existing countries can't hold together? Is it so hard to take things back and retool to an 1850 society?

• Community Administrator

One bit I am having trouble believing is the existing US government (and other nations too, I'm guessing) collapsing because of no electricity. The USA existed for more than a hundred years without all the things that don't work anymore. The Roman Empire lasted for centuries without electric power. So how does not having it mean that existing countries can't hold together? Is it so hard to take things back and retool to an 1850 society?

'

Take your heating, or cooling.

Today, most housing uses elecric heat.

Remove electricity, and now a significant portion of your population, has no way to heat their homes through out the winter.

No electricity, means now way to process fuels, for your cars to run. No cars, means, supplies from manufacturersr, don't get into cities. Cities would fall into chaos without any food coming in after 2 days.

• Community Administrator

So this is sortof like Falling Skies without aliens and vehicles.

no, I think they are supposed to be holding the world hostage or something.(I haven't seen it yet, some of hte previews and what I heard about it are... conflicting on what exactly happens.

the main thing with the collapse of the US Government is that the size of the USA woudln't allow for a centeralized Fed. the original 13 colonies and immediate surround states which could be reached on Horseback in 24 hours woudl be fine, but the Centeral and Western part of the US would fall to war lords and the such.

if you think abotuit, the only reason the US was able to expand westward and adopt those areas as part of the US rather than as territories is becuase of the Telegram system; something which needed electricity.

also, Basel, you discount the fact that the US has had electricity since its inception as a sovern nation, as Franklin was the inventor of the conductor. the US Federal Gov was able to control up to the Mississippi River, but beyond that without electricity and the Telegram, these areas were beyong the Federal Goves reach. but i do agree that a form of the Centralized gov would still exist, but as far as being in control, you have to take into accout Gangs (liek MS13, Crips and such) as well as the Military. in this sort of scenario, we'd revert back to pre-westward expansion and the group that was most organized and had the most guns would be the government of any one area.

see i like the guy with the bow, only because he's the most complexe character in the series. i'm still trying to figure out his angle tbh.

the introduction of a new antagotist is interesting; but i agree that the acting is sub par. i like the Uncle though. he's not likable but still a good guy, which is why i like him. but other than that, the acting is crap. Charley's acting ability reminds me way too much of Bella from Twilight that i cringe (totally not a compliment btw). shes a very emotionaless character outside of helplessness and acting tough.

at thsi point, i'm watchign more for plot and lack of other things on during monday.

So many issues with this show.

1) Magic USB stick that somehow powers 486 monochrome computer with super magic infrastructure free internet, that someone happens to man 24/7.

2) Batteries don't work, steam power doesn't work, simple IC engines don't work, purely mechanical semi-auto weaponry doesn't work, yet somehow EVERYONE has brand spanking new underarmor heat gear?

3) Where does everyone get the really fancy furturistic crossbows at? What happened to the lowtech counterparts?

4) what, the way we did stuff in the 1800's isn't good enough? I mean we had locomotives before electricity, cars predate electricity, cap and ball predates electricity, reloading anyone?

5) It's a shame no one whipped up a batch of aqua regia and some lead or steel plates to create a new battery from scratch, unless that too gets jammed by the big bugaboo macguffin.

All in all, this show doesn't just break physics to make it work, it smashes it. Relentlessly, like CERN on steroids with a thousand tinfoil hats to make the crazy factor seem sane. It's just a good thing the electricity in your brain didn't get shut off, because then you'd realize that none of this makes sense.

LOL. If you care about that kind of stuff, yeah. I can overlook things like that. I'm into stories purely for character, so I enjoy the show, even though it really doesn't make sense. (Bullets are a rare commodity because they can't make them anymore? People have been making bullets for ages. It doesn't exactly require high-powered technology to make a bullet) I think they basically just wanted a dystopian setting and didn't care how they got there lol.

That said, I'm the kind of viewer that can overlook that stuff. So I enjoy the show mostly. I'm connecting to Charlie a little more, who started off pretty stale. What's kept me on so far is Billy Burke as Miles, he's awesome. About halfway through the pilot I was going, "ehhh, I don't think I'm gonna stick with this show," and then he came on, and I was like, well, now I have to stick with it lol.

Archived