DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP WEEK Mafia Game: GAME OVER, MAFIA WINS!

Sakaea

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RC Cola?! My god, does that still exist? I thought that was a cheap coke-wannabe that only existed in Norway a while back. Mind:blown. Someone seriously drinks that nasty stuff?

Warning: Total n00b questions are coming. Ok, so everyone is joke voting and whatnot here. But, when the joke-votes are over, who are we really voting on? How are one supposed to find out who's town and who's mafia?

Okay, firstly, RC is the greatest cola ever devised by man. Do not ever doubt this. Pepsi and Coke are just inferior imitations.

Secondly, you'll have to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and really start investigating the posts that people make. You can ask them questions about their opinions, try to catch people in lies, form an opinion of your own based on info you've gathered or just use your gut instincts. People really tend to undervalue gut hunches, don't be afraid to vote or case someone solely based on a hunch.

Now, you may think that it's hard to gather info or form opinions on Day one, and sometimes it is, but don't jump to the conclusion that nothing can be done on the first day. I've played in more than one game where scum was caught on the very first day, if you're observent, it can happen. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and don't be afraid to be bold and make a move. Some of the best Mafia advice I ever received was to "Win big or Die big." The most important thing you can do is to actually play, don't sit back and watch everyone else make the moves. I saw something from someone earlier in the most inane of posts and voted accordingly. It seemed fairly tame, but those are the kind of things that you need to notice and move on. It becomes much easier the longer the game goes, but don't fall into the DM trap of thinking that nothing happens on Day one.

I guess to sum it up, pay attention, understand that everything that is posted is posted for a reason, and actually play.

Don't sit back and let the rest of us determine how you react, make everyone else react to you. And if you have any questions, ask.

Vote Basel.

For correcting my bonded.

Totally have your back Em.....

<3

As long as it's ok with Key :P

She's good with it. She frequently invites a third to join us. :wink:

:ohmy: You're not apposedta tell people! Then it's not something they might accidentally agree to...:wink:.

Secondly, you'll have to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and really start investigating the posts that people make. You can ask them questions about their opinions, try to catch people in lies, form an opinion of your own based on info you've gathered or just use your gut instincts. People really tend to undervalue gut hunches, don't be afraid to vote or case someone solely based on a hunch.

Now, you may think that it's hard to gather info or form opinions on Day one, and sometimes it is, but don't jump to the conclusion that nothing can be done on the first day. I've played in more than one game where scum was caught on the very first day, if you're observent, it can happen. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and don't be afraid to be bold and make a move. Some of the best Mafia advice I ever received was to "Win big or Die big." The most important thing you can do is to actually play, don't sit back and watch everyone else make the moves. I saw something from someone earlier in the most inane of posts and voted accordingly. It seemed fairly tame, but those are the kind of things that you need to notice and move on. It becomes much easier the longer the game goes, but don't fall into the DM trap of thinking that nothing happens on Day one.

I guess to sum it up, pay attention, understand that everything that is posted is posted for a reason, and actually play.

Don't sit back and let the rest of us determine how you react, make everyone else react to you. And if you have any questions, ask.

Ok, really this entire post is win (thank you love!), but especially the parts I bolded and made big. Newbies, you have all the players AND two mods at your disposal - feel free to use that.

Also, the BESSSSSSST (:wink:) way to learn is to just jump in and play, that's what I did :smile:.

And now for a...

Vote Count:

Sunrise (1): AH

Aiel Heart (2): Sunrise, Ishy

Razen (1): wot13

Arez (1) - Mashi

Mish (1) - Nya

Nya (1) - Mish

Katiora (1) - Tamerya

Tamerya (1) - Katiora

WOT13 (1) - Razen

Players not voting (6): Niel, Arez, Basel, Raena, Volke, dice

Mish love, could you please put the person's name in bold and red too? I just sometimes have to do a double take *laughs* and I don't want to get it wrong - thanks!

*shakes head* unvote because i'm not sure who looks the scummiest right now.. hmmm who to vote who to vote... *glares at everyone suspiciously before bursting out laughing*

I'm just not a good glarer *sighs*

*looks suspiciously at Dice*

VOTE: AH

Because if she's voting randomly ... she must be scum ... Have no time to explain about to get on a plane!

Aren't most people voting more or less randomly at this point, though? "Joke voting" I believe it's called?

Okay, firstly, RC is the greatest cola ever devised by man. Do not ever doubt this. Pepsi and Coke are just inferior imitations.

Thanks Ishy. Im still quite confused, but I'll try and cope. I know I've seen a wikipedia article once about playing mafia, but I cannot seem to find it again! >.<

YES! Nough said...

I believe that most of us are... except for those of the mafia.... :ph34r:

and what do you mean by that?

sounds like you already have an idea of who the mafia is. Which has me wandering do you know because you are one? hmmmm

Vote WoT13

Archived