DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading the Wheel of Time since the publication of the first book. LOOOOONGGGG time :D I've introduced these books to anyone who showed even a modicum of interest in fantasy, well-told stories, or Tolkien. I had the pleasure of meeting Robert Jordan once at a book signing, and thanked him for the years of entertainment and enrichment he brought to my life. I hope to share this sense of wonder, and maybe learn a few things, in my time here on these boards.

Tai'shar Manetheran!

Cimm

Guest Justin123

Bought Eye of the World on audio book for my long drive to work each day and ended up listening to it at work and afterwork to. Now on book Three and cant listen to them enough.

p.s. Its the audiobook so forgive all the Not Even Close spelling of many names i will attempt in the future

• 3 weeks later...

just made an account a couple minutes ago...been loving reading everyone's interesting ideas and Despothera's awesome theory blog, and this recent one gave me an epiphany i had to share...what if the seal Taim gave Rand was marked with a tracker similar to the coin Moiraine gave him so the Shadow could find the other seals or ambush him? just a thought, could play it out well if its true and it would make sense for it to be a real seal rather than a fake, which i dont think it would be fake. Thanks for the great site guys!!

Hey frypania frypania?? does that have a super secret meaning??

Ok so you shouldve read this already. At the very beginning of book one we meet Lews Therin Telamon (LTT) and he is The DRAGON! He is insane and a bad guy heals him so he realizes he did something horrible! He cant take it so he channels as much of the One Power as he can and he is the strongest male channeller in the world and destroys himself. The side effect creates Dragonmount! the highest Mountain in the world!

The site (im guessing) is named after this mountain tho considering LTT was crazy when he created it and the craziness that happens here somedays it is pretty apt!

Now i will give a warning If i was you id stay out of the Discussion boards as they are full of Spoilers for you. I would point you in the direction of the Social Orgs a must see!! so that you can meet the peeps but not have your WOT adventure spoiled!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or to PM me! To PM me click on my name and choose send personal message

Hello All! I've been an avid fan of WoT for going on 15 years now, and finally decided to join Dragonmount so I can join and enjoy the TheoryBlog. I'm sad to say that while I've stalked Dragonmount for years, it has taken me some time to get over my favorite all time WoT site going down and be able to join a new one (the old one being WoTMania.com) However, as the anticipation for the final book looms, I am compelled to go all in and get back into another community of us crazy WoT fans.

My account says I've been a member since 2009 and I haven't been here in soooo long. Looking forward to the new book like everyone else I'm sure. Wanted to say hello to everyone. I troll around a lot but I find everything so interesting that I want to start commenting too.