DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

Everything remains quiet and still, the calm before the storm, the battle not yet started. The corridors of Hogwarts are dark and empty; the students shut up in their dorms. Then, in the shadows, a lone, small figure enters the castle, undetected...at least at first.

A bang! and a burst of light disrupts the silence in the night. The dark intruder falls to the ground, dead. A ray of moonlight falls over his body, revealing an inhuman-like face.

(Song) Griphook, Town, has been killed.

This character held an item. The item will be randomly gifted to another player.

Continue play. 9 to lynch.

this doesn't actually sound like the killing spell to me

wouldn't we have seen a flash of greenlight?

but who knows maybe it was

As far as I am aware (and Alanna would know this as she is a Blue and all) There is no other spell thjat will make anyone die immediately. You could knock them out etc. So I'm assuming she just didn't put "green light" in cause it's either too obvious or she just didn't think of it and we're looking at unimportant details.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything remains quiet and still, the calm before the storm, the battle not yet started. The corridors of Hogwarts are dark and empty; the students shut up in their dorms. Then, in the shadows, a lone, small figure enters the castle, undetected...at least at first.

A bang! and a burst of light disrupts the silence in the night. The dark intruder falls to the ground, dead. A ray of moonlight falls over his body, revealing an inhuman-like face.

(Song) Griphook, Town, has been killed.

This character held an item. The item will be randomly gifted to another player.

Continue play. 9 to lynch.

this doesn't actually sound like the killing spell to me

wouldn't we have seen a flash of greenlight?

but who knows maybe it was

As far as I am aware (and Alanna would know this as she is a Blue and all) There is no other spell thjat will make anyone die immediately. You could knock them out etc. So I'm assuming she just didn't put "green light" in cause it's either too obvious or she just didn't think of it and we're looking at unimportant details.

she specifically said she'd be dropping hints and clues in her flavor posts

I don't think it's an unimportant detail

Really, do you have to be a sarcastic *** about every filler? LOL Not that I mind... keeps it funny :tongue:

And really like Red filling out Ed's list, I think is just jokes on both of them. As most people playing this game know each other and like joking around with each other :tongue:

Oh! And good call on the shifty eyes being Song trying to steal an item. I'd never have thought of that!

sorry

I just got bored reading it all so I got kind of jerky lol

also you mean keyholder not song

I wonder if she did steal something and that's what killed her. Alanna said that different objects will have different effects on different people.

I must have missed that

where did she say that?

Well that makes my reasoning above look just daft now. I retract.

retract what?

yes I did. And Ithi thought I was right by saying Song and then she assumed that the item she stole killed her. But when she saw that I had corrected it to Key she retracted her comment :smile:

Okay.. in the book, we have that Griphook takes the sword from Harry. SO maybe if Alanna is playing it by the book (LOL :tongue: ) then we'll have had Song with an item, that item being the Sword of Gryffindor.

If the SoG is an item, I could imagine that it'd be a protective role. Or enables a kill.

Alanna, Can some items be destroyed by other items as they can be stolen?

Bombs and guns wouldn't work in Hogwarts :P

That is exactly what I meant Ty. The item killing Song didn't make sense if was Key that was being all shifty eyed. But of course Song could have tried for a steal early on as well - so who knows really.

The bit about different items doing different things for different people comes from the sign up Thread Nolder. Alanna said.

There are no roles in this game - only items. No twists in alignment here - everyone is mafia or town. If you are given an item, that item will give you a role-like ability. However, items can be gifted to other players, or stolen by other players. Some items may do one thing for one player, and something else for another.

Okay.. in the book, we have that Griphook takes the sword from Harry. SO maybe if Alanna is playing it by the book (LOL :tongue: ) then we'll have had Song with an item, that item being the Sword of Gryffindor.

If the SoG is an item, I could imagine that it'd be a protective role. Or enables a kill.

Alanna, Can some items be destroyed by other items as they can be stolen?

Bombs and guns wouldn't work in Hogwarts :P

if the SoG is an item already in the game

I imagine it allows you to kill someone (and destroy any items they have) while at the same time killing yourself (and any items you have not including the sword)

but maybe that's too much killing

hmm

how else could it work though?

I dunno...

@ithi: ah I missed that last part

good to know

I wonder if the hallows will come into play here?

maybe it was the elder wand that killed griphook

I think I already posted somewhere, but yeah the Elderwand/ Deathstick may be an item that enables Daykills. And if the theory that they killed SOng cause she's a big player is right, then we know that someone who frequently plays mafia is most likely to have killed her cause noobs wouldn't know that she's a good player.

@ithi: ah I missed that last part

good to know

I wonder if the hallows will come into play here?

maybe it was the elder wand that killed griphook

I think I already posted somewhere, but yeah the Elderwand/ Deathstick may be an item that enables Daykills. And if the theory that they killed SOng cause she's a big player is right, then we know that someone who frequently plays mafia is most likely to have killed her cause noobs wouldn't know that she's a good player.

could you perhaps list who is a newbie player here and who is not for reference?

Here! Nolder cause of being the 5th! :biggrin:

hey you're kind of cute

do you live near me? maybe we could hang out sometime

oh right...mafia

uhhh

well it's a random vote so I don't really have anything to say about it

haha...cute and not really photogenic yes *is flattered*. Agreed on the joke thing,it is stupid... But the others:

"Everything remains quiet and still, the calm before the storm, the battle not yet started. The corridors of Hogwarts are dark and empty; the students shut up in their dorms. Then, in the shadows, a lone, small figure enters the castle, undetected...at least at first.

A bang! and a burst of light disrupts the silence in the night. The dark intruder falls to the ground, dead. A ray of moonlight falls over his body, revealing an inhuman-like face."

Sorry,being too lazy to quote. What does "the calm before the storm,the battle not yet started" mean? Can it be the proof of not being mafia? And why would an item kill her? Because she stole it? The "intruder" word makes me think as it is,though mafia having a day kill also seems equal possible to me. Also i wonder if you have an item do you NEED to gift it to another person before the horruculux kills you? It is tricky since you wont know who is the scum. So is tricky for the scum as i guess they would need to target people every now and then to protect horruculuxes. AND there is the thing that we need something to destroy horruculuxes first. Before they kill us all,maybe they do maybe they dont. Maybe it was because Griphook wasnt a humankind and it effected him faster. I dont know.I might be that noob btw. I am usually bad at mafia. :biggrin:

The sky overhead grows ever darker. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are still searching for Voldemort's Horcruxes, so that they can destroy them, and have a chance at killing Voldemort himself. The diary, the locket, and the ring have all been found and destroyed, but three Horcruses remain: the cup, the diadem, and the snake, Nagini. All must be destroyed before Voldemort can be killed - but they have lost the sword of Gryffindor, so what could they use to destroy them, even if they are found?

Meanwhile, Voldemort and his forces are converging on Hogwarts, ready to attack. The castle must be protected and defended, and so the teachers, the students, and the Order of the Phoenix prepare, standing ready for battle. Harry longs to join in the fight, yet what can be done to stop Voldemort, when there are still Horcruxes to be destroyed?

The only chance Hogwarts has, for now, is to kill as many of the Death Eaters attacking it, to prevent Voldemort from getting in and destroying everyone.

*A Disclaimer About Flavor: There may well be hints and information hidden in the flavor of the story (meaning any scenes I write). However, understand that game balance and mechanics always come before flavor. So, I will stick to the story of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows where I can, but please do not complain if some things do fall 100% in line with it.

edited out the rules and such

going off the fact that nagini appears to be a horcrux that a player can have as an item I'm guessing that allows people to daykill

and it looks like the person with nagini (probably a mafia initially? why would town kill someone right away?) killed someone with either the diadem or the cup

as for the other two

I dunno

the diadem is ravenclaw and is worn on the head (which implies intelligence, a trait of ravenclaw) so I'm guessing it can give some kind of insight to the game

maybe an investigative role

the cup is...a cup

uhhh hmmmm

maybe it's a protective power? if you drink from it you're protected from being killed?

I dunno that's just me pretending the cup is comparable to the holy grail and such

I have no idea what else it could do

it looks like we have to give up these powers at some point if we want to win

we need the sword first

and where we get that....who knows

I'm guessing we'll be given a clue later

the only other info that I can glean is that voldemort, harry, hermione, and ron will not be roles in this game

if that's incorrect I think someone should speak up ASAP and claim their character

Uhhh, I don't like this....

Sounds like "role" fishing. Or character fishing.

As much as I admire your misinterpretation of my second post back there....that was more of a spam post. lolz, and I think Red just loves HP. Too much. :laugh:

But, although, I like your motivation. Your slight insistence that some of the main characters reveal themselves is disturbing. They are most likely to have some hefty items on them, and by revealing themselves, you are encouraging scum to try and steal their items.

Vote Nolder

For being Day 1. This is enough for me right now.

Also, just fyi, I will try to be posting more normally, but I am in class through next week, and have things to do. Tonight being a test and cleaning my room. >.<

Uhhh, I don't like this....

Sounds like "role" fishing. Or character fishing.

As much as I admire your misinterpretation of my second post back there....that was more of a spam post. lolz, and I think Red just loves HP. Too much. :laugh:

But, although, I like your motivation. Your slight insistence that some of the main characters reveal themselves is disturbing. They are most likely to have some hefty items on them, and by revealing themselves, you are encouraging scum to try and steal their items.

Vote Nolder

For being Day 1. This is enough for me right now.

Also, just fyi, I will try to be posting more normally, but I am in class through next week, and have things to do. Tonight being a test and cleaning my room. >.<

well kind of but not really

I really don't think anyone is voldemort or the trio

we're in hogwarts and we're supposed to defend it

they are not here

it doesn't make sense with the flavor for anyone to be those characters

but if anyone is any of those 4 I think they should claim that now because if they claim it later it might get them lynched despite it being true

so if no one has those characters then there is no need for anyone to claim anything at this point

I'd also like to add that even if I were truly fishing, what could I accomplish?

Alanna has already stated that everyone is vanilla and it's the items that give us role powers

why would knowing who is ron and who is hermione hurt the town?

Can't be! That's me, right Songie darling? *innocent look*

sucking up? is there a reason you might need to get on someones good side?

LOL seriously? No. I said that because Song is a friend of mine and we have a joke that she, Limi and I are pillowfriends.

As for the shifty eyes. I was looking around scared since Dar said Voldemort. You know, like everyone in the books does except Harry?

That was random. I'm guessing it was the power of an item. Wonder why someone wouldtake a shot though?

why would you immediately assume that? because it's daytime?

Agreed about the randomness. I was just like WTH when I read it.

All I can think of is that they took her out because she's big game.

is she? I was not aware of this

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why he said it was random. That's why I thought it was random because a) it was day, b) it was day ONE and c) no one had really done much yet this game.

Yes, Song is big game. She's just not playing as much right now because she's training and then is going to be deployed.

As for the shifty eyes. I was looking around scared since Dar said Voldemort. You know, like everyone in the books does except Harry?

I'm not sure if I believe you or not

I think I'll keep my vote where it is for the moment

UNVOTE and vote Nolder purely meta but you are playing rather strange

would you care to elaborate?

it's always weird to me when people say I'm acting strange because IMHO I don't act terribly different if I'm mafia or town

I mean I'm sure I drop hints unconsciously but I'm still me ya know?

I really don't think anyone is voldemort or the trio

we're in hogwarts and we're supposed to defend it

they are not here

it doesn't make sense with the flavor for anyone to be those characters

but if anyone is any of those 4 I think they should claim that now because if they claim it later it might get them lynched despite it being true

so if no one has those characters then there is no need for anyone to claim anything at this point

I'd also like to add that even if I were truly fishing, what could I accomplish?

Alanna has already stated that everyone is vanilla and it's the items that give us role powers

why would knowing who is ron and who is hermione hurt the town?

That's what you think; that's not necessarily the case. And yes it does make sense, because in the second half of the book the trio comes back to Hogwarts to fight - that's where it's all going down after all.

Why would it get them lynched later? Just because you don't think they are in this game? Also, why would anyone claim Voldemort ever?

Despite what you are saying, it's fishing.

Because we can guess that they would have good items. Also, it leaves them open for a NK, or, well, I guess just kill since they are happening during the day, if they don't have an object that can protect them. Even MORE so if both of them claim and neither has an object that can protect them - then even if there is a protecting object, whoever has it could only save one.

I'm not sure if I believe you or not

I think I'll keep my vote where it is for the moment

Yes, because I would be stupid enough to do shift eyes when I'm mafia. On day one. lol.

But that's fine love *g*, keep your vote there if you want.

For one Nolder

The whole quote thing then asking for the trio to reveal. It seems like scummy role fishing or saving yourself bac a fake claim for later

how is the quote thing strange?

anyone could see the game was moving at a snails pace so I posted a ton to try to get it moving

what's strange about that?

again what harm could there be in them claiming?

I sincerely doubt that anyone has those roles but if they don't claim now it opens up a big can of worms later

if I was going to claim the trio or voldemort I would do it now

none of those are my role character

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

Archived