DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

The sky overhead grows ever darker. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are still searching for Voldemort's Horcruxes, so that they can destroy them, and have a chance at killing Voldemort himself. The diary, the locket, and the ring have all been found and destroyed, but three Horcruses remain: the cup, the diadem, and the snake, Nagini. All must be destroyed before Voldemort can be killed - but they have lost the sword of Gryffindor, so what could they use to destroy them, even if they are found?

Meanwhile, Voldemort and his forces are converging on Hogwarts, ready to attack. The castle must be protected and defended, and so the teachers, the students, and the Order of the Phoenix prepare, standing ready for battle. Harry longs to join in the fight, yet what can be done to stop Voldemort, when there are still Horcruxes to be destroyed?

The only chance Hogwarts has, for now, is to kill as many of the Death Eaters attacking it, to prevent Voldemort from getting in and destroying everyone.

RULES AND GUIDELINES

1. You MUST make a content-related post at least once every game day (and I do mean at least, bare minimum - you really should be posting more than that). If you do not do this, you will be modkilled. This game will only be fun if everyone's into it. As an occasional lurker myself, I understand lurking as a playing technique, but simply not keeping up with the game will not be tolerated. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.

I understand things come up in RL. If you need to take a short LOA (read: short=less than a week), let me know and we can work something out. If something more serious comes up and you can't keep up, please let me know so I can replace you.

2. A lynch will be held every Day Phase requiring a majority (half the players plus 1). This is a hammer game - once the hammer falls, that's it, day over, no one can vote or unvote.

4. After you die, you are allowed one 'Bah' post. You MAY NOT reveal any information in this post (so no 'I was the one who killed so-and-so'). You MAY NOT attempt to influence the game (so no 'I think you should all vote for so-and-so next'). You are dead. Dead people can't contribute. If you wanted to reveal something, you should've done it before you died.

5. Please color votes in red. Be sure to unvote before casting a different vote.

6. You may only communicate off-thread if your PM has specified that you may do so. You may not communicate with anyone else, or in any other way, about the game. If you have concerns about another player, come to me with those concerns, and I will address them.

Do not quote any communication from me in the game. Do not quote anythu]ing from your role PM. If you're unsure what you can say, talk to me first.

7. Absolutely no editing your posts. If you need to correct a typo, want to add more, etc. - just double post

8. Mod is god. I reserve the right to change and add to the rules as I see fit.

IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THESE RULES, YOU COULD BE OUT OF THE GAME. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO REPLACEMENT OR MODKILL.

ITEMS

• There are no roles in this game - only items. Not everyone has an item. If you do not have an item, then you are simply vanilla.
  • Items may be STOLEN. To steal an item from someone, you must send me a PM to let me know who you want to try and steal from (the player's name). In order to successfully steal from them, they must directly after you.
  • Items may be GIFTED. To gift an item to another player, you must send me a PM to let me know who you want to gift the item to. In order to successfully gift the item to them, you must post directly after that person.
  • You may send me a PM with a target of a thief play or a gifting at any time - Day or Night. However, plays can only be made during the Day. So, for example, you may PM me during Night 2, saying you want to gift your item to Player A. However, that can't happen until Day 3 - so even if you post after them during the Night, that won't count as a gifting.
  • If someone with an item dies, you will be informed in their coroner report (you will be told they had an item - not what the item is). The item will not die with them, but be randomly given to another player.
  • You may only have one active thief play at a time. So, if you have already sent me a target for a thief play, you may change that target midday, even if you haven't yet achieved a successful play on yur first target. However, if you change your target, the first target becomes null and void. So, if you change your target midday, then achieve a successul play on the first target, that play won't count.
  • It would be great if you could send me a link to your successful thief plays. I will try to keep up with them myself, but there is a chance I could miss it, so it's best to PM me a link.
  • Some items may do one thing for one player, but something else for another.
  • You MAY reveal items you have or had.

OTHER

*This game has a coroner's report. Upon the death of any player, you will be told their character and alignment.

*You MAY reveal characters. As per usual in my games, some important characters have been used, and some not-so-important characters have been used.

*Day 1 will last 5 RL days. All other Day Phases will be 3 RL days. Night Phases will be 36 hours.

*If you need to drop out of the game, PLEASE PM me and let me know, so I can try and find a replacement instead of modkilling you.

Player List

1. Ed

2. Sakaea - Fred Weasley, Town, Killed Night 2

3. Lessa

4. Daruya - Bellatrix Lestrange, Mafia, Killed Day 4

5. Nolder - Luna Lovegood, Town, Lynched Day 1

6. Tina

7. Lia Player

8. Zosime - Severus Snape, Town, Lynched Day 3

9. Jack - Draco Malfoy, Town, Killed Night 2

10. Tynaal - Neville Longbottom, Town, Killed Day 3

11. Bela - Lucius Malfoy, Mafia, Random Modkilled Day 2

12. Key - Hermione Granger, Killed Night 4

13. Ithillian Charis - Harry Potter, Town, Killed Night 3

14. AJ MCS

15. Song - Griphook, Town, Killed Day 1

16. Red - Ginny Weasley, Town, Killed Night 2 Resurrected

Backups:

1. MCS

DAY 5 DEADLINE: TUESDAY, AUGUST 23 @ 12PM CST.

Final Day 1 Vote Count:

Vote Count:

Nolder (8) - Bela, Ed, Jack, Red, Tina, Lessa, Daruya, Key

Jack (2) - AJ, Nolder

Key (1) - Tynaal

Not Voting (6): Sakaea, Lia* Zosime, Key, Tina, Ithillian

*Not checked in

[/b]

Link to Day 2

Final Vote Count:

Key (1) - Tynaal

Ed (1) - Jack

Jack (5) - Ed, Lessa, Red, Daruya, Tina

Not Voting (6): Keyholder, Charis, Bela, AJ, Player, Zosime

NO LYNCH ACHIEVED. RANDOM KILL - BELA.

Link to Day 3

Vote Count:

Zosime - Key, Daruya, Charis, Tina, Red, Ed

Not Voting (4): Lessa, AJ, Zosime, Player

Link to Day 4

Vote Count:

Lessa (4) - Tina, Ed, Key, Red

Not Voting (3): Lessa, Player, MCS

Link to Day 5

*A Disclaimer About Flavor: There may well be hints and information hidden in the flavor of the story (meaning any scenes I write). However, understand that game balance and mechanics always come before flavor. So, I will stick to the story of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows where I can, but please do not complain if some things do fall 100% in line with it.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Harry Ron or hermione have to find the sword of gryfindor

I also believe the mafia have the horcruxes.

I believe the horcruxes are transferrable items/roles and the person who kills someone with one will receive that item.

MODSPEAK:

A bit more on items:

*If you have already sent me a target for a thief play, you may change that target midday, even if you haven't yet achieved a successful play on yur first target. However, if you change your target, the first target becomes null and void. So, if you change your target midday, then achieve a successul play on the first target, that play won't count.

In other words, you can only have one thief target at a time. Once you've successfully thiefed someone, you can start another.

*It would be great if you can send me a link to your successful thief play. I will try to keep up with them myself, but if you want to make sure I don't miss any, it's best to PM me a link to it.

OP will be updated with these rules.

I believe the horcruxes are transferrable items/roles and the person who kills someone with one will receive that item.

Red cos she's a known Death Eater and this is the only chance I will get to do this without having a Wall-of-Text thrown back at me :wink:

was wondering how long it would take for someone to point this out :baalzamon: you are now top of my list, don't make me give you a bat boogey hex for slandering my good reputation with your evil rumors!!

as for this, Alanna says that she's following Cannon when possible. given that we are all at Hogwarts right now and the OP says that harry isn't in the fight (and since Ron & Hermy are with Harry this includes them by default) i'm goign to assume that the golden trio aren't characters in this game.

if we also follow cannon, then we know where the remaining Horocruxes are and what is used to kill each of them. Jack the sword woudl be good, but theres also 2 other items which we can use to destroy the remaining Horcruxes.

- Baslisk fang, in Chamber of Secrets. which Hermy and Ron use to destroy the cup in tDH

- Fiend Fyre, which is dangerous and has just as much chance of killing us all as well as the Horcruxe. thsi is used to destroy the Diadem as well as the RoR (Room of Requirements)

the location of the remaining Horocruxwes are

Nagini - with Voldy (likely location is the Shrieking Shack)

Cup - Lestranges Volt, located in the deep recesses of Gringotts in Diagon Alley

Diadem - on the head of a male bust in the Room of Requirements

then of course theres the bit in Harry, dunno if Alanna left out this Horcruxe on purpose or if it's meant to be a twist of some type.

as to the DE's having all the Horcruxes ... i can't say i agree with this. Nagini is the only one i can see as the DE's and namely Voldy starting with. besides the fact that the DE's didn't know he had Horcruxes in the first place.

if the Horcruxes are in play, we need to destroy them ASAP, but right now i'm thinking there more for flavor rather than a goal in this game considering we've been tasked with defending Hogwarts rahter than hunting them down. until we find out otherwise, i think we shoudl focus on finding and killing DE's while keeping the Horocruxes in the back of our mind

I'm here!

I think I'm going to have to vote Tina because it's going to confuse me to see my alter ego (Daruya) AND someone with my RL name (Tina) in the same game! LOL!

(Hey, for a first day vote, it's as good a reason as any!)

Poor aj. arent you being a little too worried this early in the game?

Maybe a little. I just got back from finding out my car is going to cost $200+ to fix on Thursday. *shudder* And I wanted to buy some much needed things! Gao. Poor Zoey-Car... she just can't get a break. That plus driving to Wisconsin everyday for work means Alanna is in a constant pissy mood lately. :sad:

Song, because she's a sneaky thing.

*smiles sweetly* no not me!

vote Zo you just happen to be in my favorite slot :P

Are you saying I'm your favorite, love? :wink:

Can't be! That's me, right Songie darling? *innocent look*

Archived