DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred. Legend - wait for it - Dary. Legendary.

Barid Bel Medar

116 members have voted

1. 1. Will Demandred have an epic role in AMOL?

• Yes
    • No

He should have an epic role. For being the 2nd most powerful Forsaken, he has proven to be disappointment thus far.

And to all the other haters out there, lets keep in mind that Demandred is the one Forsaken who hasn't realy screwed up yet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Entreri

Well Aginor was roughly the same/perhaps slightly stronger in the power then Demandred and the creator of Trollocs, Myrdrall etc and he ended up being an absolute joke, even helping Flinn learn to Heal and bungling up every attack on Rand, eventually culminating in being destroyed by a member of the Black Ajah (albeit with Callandor in a circle). Obviously I hope Demi suddenly appears at the FoM with 500 dark channelers and annihilates the White Tower's forces... but I can't see him doing much more than invading Andor and Tear from Murandy. Hope he has a decent death scene though :biggrin:

He should have an epic role. For being the 2nd most powerful Forsaken, he has proven to be disappointment thus far.

And to all the other haters out there, lets keep in mind that Demandred is the one Forsaken who hasn't realy screwed up yet.

its hard to screw up when he has not done anything of worth so far....

You have to remember that this war will be decided in shayol ghul. Armies and battles are just a slideshow in WOT.

Demandred was a General, a tactician. I believe he was the one who almost defeated LTT before. Rand knows this. This isn't going to be a balefire party. Demandred isn't going to show up in charge of a few black ajah sistes and a bunch of shadowspan. He will appear with a capable army at his disposal and then its game on. I just wonder which army he's running and if he had anything to do with the attack at Camelyn? Will he hit Rand directly or slowly erode his forces from the back. My bet is that he was behind Camelyn and his intent is to keep much of Rands forces tied up in the rear. I have to believe that with shadowspan running wild below the blight, the seanchan hitting the tower in force, and your average lord and lady seeing this; they will decide to defend the home front before devoting assets to a fight way up there in the blight.

its hard to screw up when he hasnot done anything of worth so far....

That we know about. I'm saying that its gonna be an epic Demandred appearance because he is not incompetent (as evident by the fact that he has not failed and everyone else has), but we havent seen "anything of worth so far". Basicly, my argument is Demmy's part in AMOL will be epic because we will finaly see all the awesome stuff hes been planning behind the scenes come to a head.

Elan Tedronai beat me to it. Cenn Buie is one of the only minor characters to not fail, so far as we know, but that doesnt make him kickass, because he hasnt done anything.

Demandred isnt the second strongest Forsaken. Aginor was the closest to Ishamael IIRC, and Lanfear would probably have been stronger.

Besides, strength isnt the be-all-and-end-all. Cyndane showed us that, so did Androl

Elan Tedronai beat me to it. Cenn Buie is one of the only minor characters to not fail, so far as we know, but that doesnt make him kickass, because he hasnt done anything.

Demandred isnt the second strongest Forsaken. Aginor was the closest to Ishamael IIRC, and Lanfear would probably have been stronger.

Besides, strength isnt the be-all-and-end-all. Cyndane showed us that, so did Androl

Demandred has been doing a heap of things, just offscreen.

Your arguement is bascially pointless. It is based on some fantasy of what you thought happened with Taim's body. Its pretty silly.

I dont know how you can argue with a fantasy of how you wanted things to go against Brandon's quotes saying he is the shadows main player, he has been doing a heap of important things, and he is Brandon's second favorite forsaken.

Hate the guy all you want, but your logic saying he wont do anything extraordinary in AMOL, which Brandon's quotes state, is just ridiculous.

Your arguement is bascially pointless. It is based on some fantasy of what you thought happened with Taim's body. Its pretty silly.

I dont know how you can argue with a fantasy of how you wanted things to go against Brandon's quotes saying he is the shadows main player, he has been doing a heap of important things, and he is Brandon's second favorite forsaken.

Hate the guy all you want, but your logic saying he wont do anything extraordinary in AMOL, which Brandon's quotes state, is just ridiculous.

OH MY GOD what is this? Did you not ask for peoples oppinion?

Demandred being Brandons second favorite Forsaken... what does that have to do with anything? The fact that you even brought that up... this has got to be the worst case of fanboy syndrome ever. "Brandon says this so there!" Whoever Brandon likes or dislikes shouldnt matter, unless he is changing things. Brandon doesnt like Cadsuane, so I suppose that means YOU dont like her either, am I right? Im not going to attack you on the matter, but I find it odd that you would defend a character whose involvement even you cant be sure of. Fair enough Demandred has the potential to be cool. But surely even you with your biased oppinion can see that his lack of direct involvement would lead to at least SOME people not caring about his offscreen awesomeness.

Demandred: I hate cheese

Rand: Screw you! Cheese is awesome! Your cheese evaluation is ridiculous, I mean come on, Brandon likes cheese!

For the record you need to make up your mind pal. You have said yourself before that you leaned towards Taim being Moridin, and then went against yourself on that in the same thread.

Its ok that other people dislike your favorite absent character. Dont let it ruin your day.

EDIT: Sorry, but I seriously cant stop laughing at this. You open a thread asking a question, and then when someone answers "No" you treat this like a theory debate and think to back yourself up with Brandon quotes. If Brandon has indeed said Demandreds role will be epic, then you didnt really need to open this thread in the first place. I mean... look at your own opening post. ASIDE FROM MORIDIN, Demandred is teh Shadows main player. Wait for it...

Aside from all the other awesome characters we see on screen doing cool stuff, apart from all those, Demandred is my favorite character. So hes pretty far down the list

Unwritten comedy is the best by far. I could go on, but I shouldnt

OH MY GOD what is this? Did you not ask for peoples oppinion?

Demandred being Brandons second favorite Forsaken... what does that have to do with anything? The fact that you even brought that up... this has got to be the worst case of fanboy syndrome ever. "Brandon says this so there!" Whoever Brandon likes or dislikes shouldnt matter, unless he is changing things. Brandon doesnt like Cadsuane, so I suppose that means YOU dont like her either, am I right? Im not going to attack you on the matter, but I find it odd that you would defend a character whose involvement even you cant be sure of. Fair enough Demandred has the potential to be cool. But surely even you with your biased oppinion can see that his lack of direct involvement would lead to at least SOME people not caring about his offscreen awesomeness.

Demandred: I hate cheese

Rand: Screw you! Cheese is awesome! Your cheese evaluation is ridiculous, I mean come on, Brandon likes cheese!

For the record you need to make up your mind pal. You have said yourself before that you leaned towards Taim being Moridin, and then went against yourself on that in the same thread.

Its ok that other people dislike your favorite absent character. Dont let it ruin your day.

EDIT: Sorry, but I seriously cant stop laughing at this. You open a thread asking a question, and then when someone answers "No" you treat this like a theory debate and think to back yourself up with Brandon quotes. If Brandon has indeed said Demandreds role will be epic, then you didnt really need to open this thread in the first place. I mean... look at your own opening post. ASIDE FROM MORIDIN, Demandred is teh Shadows main player. Wait for it...

Aside from all the other awesome characters we see on screen doing cool stuff, apart from all those, Demandred is my favorite character. So hes pretty far down the list

Unwritten comedy is the best by far. I could go on, but I shouldnt

Calm down son.

I am talking about Demandred playing a huge role. This isnt about people liking him.

i used Brandon's comment about him being his second favorite to show that he has to do something epic.

As you said, Demandred hasnt done much. If he is brandon's second favorite, he must do something big to gain that place. Thats all I am saying. Surely you can see that?

And of course this is a debateable topic. I did ask for an opinion, but you are allowed to debate it. Which you have been doing anyway. In your own post you debate with another poster? SO why cant I?

I dont have a problem with people hating Demandred. And I agree, his lack of involvment definitely may put some people off. i love you Drekka. But seriously, all I was saying is that your arguement is flawed because you seem to have made up little stories in your head about what has been happening.

As for Moridin being Taim. I know I havent made my mind up yet. There are some definite progressions that make it likely, but I dont see why this has anything to do with Demandred. Even if Taim is Moridin, it doesnt make your little story true.

PS - I actually really like Cadsuane :biggrin:

Gah, again I have been rude. Re-read my post. Sounds worse than it did when I wrote it. Sorry about that. As you know, I tend to be pretty blunt. No offence intended. I really neeed a button that conveys tone :biggrin:

I mean... look at your own opening post. ASIDE FROM MORIDIN, Demandred is teh Shadows main player.

ACtually, that was me giving concession. Brandon's quote actually says Demandred will be the Shadow's main player. Not Moridin.

Brandon simply said as far as the Shadow is concerned, the main player will be Demandred.

Demandred is going to cause 'epic' problems for Rand. Striking anywhere and everywhere and just when he's about to finally kill Rand, Perrin will walk by and kill Demandred then move on. Similar to Perrin walking by Egwene and stopping Balefire:).

i dont know if someone has already aired the opinion but could demandred be in shara. they do change rulers every seven years so all he had to do was marry the current queen. and according to glossary they actually breed channelers so they should have a good amount of them available and who knows how large is shara so it can have a potentially huge army.would it not be awesome if a whole new force as yet fresh with no casualties appears at tarmon gaidon. i cant beleive murandy can have a huge army it is one of many nations at best its army should be smaller than andor that would hardly be legendery.

i dont know if someone has already aired the opinion but could demandred be in shara. they do change rulers every seven years so all he had to do was marry the current queen. and according to glossary they actually breed channelers so they should have a good amount of them available and who knows how large is shara so it can have a potentially huge army.would it not be awesome if a whole new force as yet fresh with no casualties appears at tarmon gaidon. i cant beleive murandy can have a huge army it is one of many nations at best its army should be smaller than andor that would hardly be legendery.

when graendal took the two leaders shara plunged into dissarray and civil war. Forsaken like to take nations by slipping in and not wasting resources in a civil war as we have seen several times

What happens in AMOL is as follows:

Moridin's getting busy with things, and when he's distracted Demandred takes him from behind (presumably only in the killing sense)

Demandred now pretty much runs the show.

Demandred kills a main character, probably Min.

Demandred basically kicks arse.

Just another forsaken who's gonna get jacked by the Dragon. Can any of these guys realistically pose a threat against a guy who can go toe to toe with the Dark One? I think they're all very interesting as well, but Rand has been eating them for breakfast since essentially the second he realized he could channel.

The thing that bothers me is how much screen time is Demandred going to get with all the other plot lines that have to be finished up. We should have had some clue or build up to his whereabouts and schemes before now. I now he states to Moridin that he is ready for war but thats all we get. So I hope its not something thats over in 3 chapters or that would be a huge kick in the nads.

The thing that bothers me is how much screen time is Demandred going to get with all the other plot lines that have to be finished up. We should have had some clue or build up to his whereabouts and schemes before now. I now he states to Moridin that he is ready for war but thats all we get. So I hope its not something thats over in 3 chapters or that would be a huge kick in the nads.

Definitely. I think the war will be presented much like the cleansing of Saidin - a few chapters, a few POVs, but nothing extensive. It might just be the last battle, and not the last war - one all in attack. We'll see.

There are a couple of pretty epic things happening in TOM that could deffinately have Demandreds hand in them (they could just as easily be Morridin's handiwork, but i think hes a bit busy)

1: Red-sailed Seanchean ships

2: Red-veiled sharp-toothed psycos in the blight.

The fact that both groups 1 and 2 incorporate the color red (not a usual color for them) doesn't prove that they are connected by any means, but it does indicate.

Personaly, I think Demandred is gathering the forces of the dark (darkfriend armies, trollocs, fades etc.); he will be the commander of the shadow's "troops" so to speak, and as such he will be squaring off against Mat which will no doubt be epic.

I completely disregard anyone who says no because he hasn't had much screen time in the books.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about Semirhage!

First mention tSR I think & doesn't make an appearance until KoD!.... and then gets caught in her first scene.

I was doing some re-reading and I was reminded that Anath, Tuon's new truth speaker was actually Semirhage.

Upon some thought on the subject I have concluded that Demandred is not the murderer ruling on the Crystal Throne in Seanchan.

Semirhage would of had to set up shop almost immediately in Seanchan upon her freeing to be in such a position and to have learned all that she did about the Seanchan and it's various customs.

I know her, Mesaana and Demandred have their pact but I find it highly doubtful that even with it that Demandred and Semirhage would trust each other enough to be that close to one another fighting over, what would be for all intents and purposes, would be the same power base.

Like I said, I hope it's not Roedran but the more I think about it, the more I believe Taim is controlled by Moridin not Demandred so Roedran seems more and more likely.

Although...can't truly dismiss Demandred coming out of no where like Shara with a massive army but I'm not real sold on that either as Graendal showing off the Sh'boan and Sh'botay of Shara suggests the strife mentioned in those lands was her doing.

I dunno, call me confused heh.

One thing I do suspect though is that it's going to be Mat vs Demandred at some point.

I have thought that ever since it was revealed that Demandred was a gambler.

I don't think it's going to be Mat vs Demandred. Graendal was saying that she was tying some strings to Tuon, so whatever happens with the Seanchan is going to involve her and she's going to end up being Mat's Forsaken kill. It may be that Demandred is wandering around with them as well and BS will be putting two Forsaken into one plot line just so that they can be crossed off with a minimum number of paragraphs, but it seems unlikely, given that the story has been leading up to Demandred doing something big on his own.

The number of things that he can be doing on his own is rapidly diminishing, however. Being in Murandy or having an army come through a portal stone seems rather banal and pointless, given that Trollocs are even worse than Seanchan in terms of people being able to kill off a hundred thousand of them and not affect their numbers, so one more random army where they change the word "Trolloc" to "Murandian" coming onto the scene doesn't strike me as something which would be a big deal. The same holds true for writing "Hey look, here comes a million Sharans to attack us" instead of "Hey look, here comes a million Trollocs to attack us", so tossing Shara into the plot in the last book serves no purpose either.

It looks to me that he has something to do with the Black Tower. Graendal and Mesanna were giddy over the idea of having a dreamspike, so it seems a little odd that the only other one Ishy found would be given to a minion like Taim as opposed to one of the Chosen, regardless of the value of having it at the Black Tower. I think that Demandred has his base of operations there and his big role will be in the fight for control of it. BS needs to devote a decent portion of the book to that anyways, so if he's not there, that's even less screen time for Demandred and more irrelevance for whatever they've bothered to have him be doing offscreen.

So, here's a quick revision of what has already been mentioned. All of it very Weighty :happy: ... some quotes maybe just a little out of context.

its hard to screw up when he has not done anything of worth so far....

This isn't going to be a balefire party.

but we havent seen "anything of worth so far"

he has proven to be disappointment thus far

Fair enough Demandred has the potential to be cool. But surely even you with your biased oppinion can see that his lack of direct involvement would lead to at least SOME people not caring about his offscreen awesomeness.

ASIDE FROM MORIDIN, Demandred is teh Shadows main player.

Just another forsaken who's gonna get jacked by the Dragon. Can any of these guys realistically pose a threat against a guy who can go toe to toe with the Dark One? I think they're all very interesting as well, but Rand has been eating them for breakfast since essentially the second he realized he could channel.

All I know is that I hope to god the theory that he is King Roedran proves false

The number of things that he can be doing on his own is rapidly diminishing, however. Being in Murandy or having an army come through a portal stone seems rather banal and pointless, given that Trollocs are even worse than Seanchan in terms of people being able to kill off a hundred thousand of them and not affect their numbers, so one more random army where they change the word "Trolloc" to "Murandian" coming onto the scene doesn't strike me as something which would be a big deal

Too little, too late.

wait, what are we talking about?

And I agree, it is too complex a plot to introduce in the last book.

The only think I can think of that has to do with the Portal Stones is that trollocs are being kept in Mirror worlds and being transported by Portal Stones.

Meh, the subject is too vague, who knows?

Has Demandred even been doing anything important besides building an army? (guessing it's in Murandy)

Brandon

He's been doing lots of important things.

Now, read this. http://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?func=5&rec=131&theo=2372 and tell me Demandred is not been doing awesome stuff or what? I think this theory might be close to 'the truth', just an opinion of course.

Furthermore I am quite sure Deman will be epic, not in the least because he's going to be the main antagonist in aMoL. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere on an other thread. and it's been confirmed by BS.

And I suspect he has also been busy in the Land of the Madmen, just a feeling though, it would surely add to his awesomeness IMO.

Archived