DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a fairly safe way for longterm Nether expeditions. Take your deepest mine, and build your portal at the bottom. Entering the Nether, you should find your portal underground. Then you can carefully tunnel your way upwards, until you find a place to construct your nether-fortress. And since you spend very little time out in the open, there is little need to worry about ghasts attacking you, until you finally do start with your fortress. But, when you do that, you always have your tunnel to retreat into when they start getting to friendly, just remember to reinforce the opening with stone.

You are quite safe, and more important, your portal is completely safe (a very good thing, which I learned when I forgot to bring my "lighter", forgot to bring planks to build a chest, and then a ghast attacked my portal, causing it to go out. Fortunatly I had not brought any diamond equipemtn, but it was till a pain having to commit suicide just to get out.

• Community Administrator

You can build dispensers (if i haven't already said how) by basically same method as a furnace, 9 cobble stone, but on the bottom middle you need a redstone, and in the middle, middle you need a bow. The dispenser, will shoot out an arrow like how a bow does it. Everything except arrows/eggs, plop out like you dropping items from your inventory into the world. (not placing)

You can build some interesting mob traps this way.

Holy wow. That was epic. Because of all the talk of making things from the WoT world, I have decided on a project that will most likely take me the rest of 2011. I am making a 1:4 scale model of Tar Valon. I know it is worthless and will take me forever, but I figured it would be something fun to do. I have decided that 1600 blocks is 1 miles (technically 1610 since each block is 1 square meter, but the math is horrible at that point) IRL so everything is cut down to 400 per mile. 2 weeks in and I am a quarter way done the south port....lol.

I am not sure. Right now, I am just working on the basic outline of the city itself. That is why I am trying to get the dock done, because I can then put the main road through town towards the White Tower and then up to the North Dock. Luckily, it seems like everything is broken up nicely into 1/8 miles sections.

So as I begin to play this I find myself hopelessly lost. How in the world did you guys figure everything out? I don't have any idea what to combine to make stuff. Did you guys just play around or did you just look at tutorials? I survived my first night but now I got nothing to do!

Yeah it does all depend on what you need/want to do.

I -still- have no idea about redstone and the 'electronic' side of things. I tend to wiki stuff, after having a bit of a play.

Whats your PLAN anyway? To quote microsoft circa 1997, Where do you want to go today?

[MOD] Mo' Creatures - v2.7 with GUI Api! MC Beta1.2_02 - needs to be updated.

[1.3_01] Battle Towers

MikeCraft (32x32 Compilation)(b1.3) v3.5 - Feb 23 (Textures)

INVedit

[1.3_01]Miner's helmets(with lamps)![v3.2]

I don't play without 'em.

I haven't played in ages though. I was trying to make a skytrap like in this video:

.... but the amount of cobblestone required (thousands) necessitates a lot of branch mining which I got bored of. It's almost finished; the spawning chamber is done and just needs a roof and walls to keep the mobs in.

• Community Administrator

Get some Netherack from the Nether (Make 2x3 hole 'archway' made out of obsidian use some flint and steel on it to get there) Netherack is plentiful, and can be used as an infinite torch.

Archived