Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Rojano(1): Boopsy

Pankhuri(1): Jeran

Charis(1): Thorum

Rose(1): rojano

Dah'mir(1): Mottlee

Aust(1): Nea

no vote (31): Bela, Elli, Marta, Som1else, Aust, Krak, Mynd, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Pete, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Pankhuri, Wolfie, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Rose, Koujin, Nyn, Taei, Crusher

Sorry guys, my 7 week old cousin has been in NICU...they can't figure out what is wrong with him and he's died at least 4 times and they kept working on him until they got him back. Thankfully he's out of NICU now, but they still don't know what's wrong with him.  Sorry I haven't been here. But I am now  ;D

OMG Tigs, so sorry to hear that!  I hope everything turns out well.

Here, and Mynd is playing...wooohooo!!1

My first game with him in a long time *pouncetackles and stuffs him in my bag*

;D

I'm not at home so my random voter is still at school at the moment. You'll have to wait ;D

Hehe...I thought about even voting for him as an "I miss you, man" gesture.  Eh, we'll see.

Huge game. I like huge.  Gotta run but will come back and make an astonishing accurate random vote. 

You're gonna vote for yourself, aren't you?  ;D

I see a lot of familiar faces here....and some fresh ones.  *scratches fleas*  I suppose I should be courteous and keep my Day 1 accusations to myself.  I mean, after all, Day 1 is totally random and there is absolutely no way to figure out who is mafia, right? 

WRONG!  Let's think about this!  The mafia are itching to get active and blend in with the innocents, so it stands to reason that there are at least a couple mafia players in the list of those who already voted!  They want their vote to appear desperately random, so they are going to make statements as such.

Let's look at the list of those who have already voted....

Vote Count

Pete(1): Meesh

Som1(1): Amadine

Aust(1): Nae

Right now, two people jump out at me big time.  Thorum because he knows im in this game and didn't vote for me.  Why?  He had no problem voting for me in Talya's LOTR mafia game, why is he not even mentioning my name here?  Look at his post...

Charis[/glow]

Because it was a good choice in the previous game :o

This is the post of a player laying low and trying not to bring attention to himself.  This is quite the contrary to his actions in the last game.  Something is just plain rotten with that post!

Also, let's keep in MYND (heh) that mafia typically vote each other on Day 1 to dismiss suspicion.  Look at Wombat and Adella!  Wombat votes Adella and then Adella votes him back?  Are we supposed to believe in an OMGUS vote on Day 1?  AND Adella's vote was placed immediately after Wombats, almost like they are in tandem....working together? 

I would like to hear more from [glow=red,2,300]Thorum[/glow] than "Charis was a good choice in the previous game" when I would likely be the better choice to lynch coming out of a game where I was innocent.  Or is my bark much worse than my bite?

And Happy Birthday Nae Nae!  I will keep my standing promise to you for Day 1, but if you start acting scummish, I'm coming for you too!  ;)

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 41 alive, 21 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(1): Mynd

no vote (30): Bela, Elli, Marta, Som1else, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Pete, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Pookie, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Pankhuri, Wolfie, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Rose, Koujin, Nyn, Taei, Crusher

Okay, my first vote will be part OMGUS, and part "wow, you've thought me scummy in the last 4 games we have played together".

[glow=red,2,300]Wombat[/glow] ::)

Part OMGUS and part metagaming.  I love it.  Too bad it's also extremely scummy.  You are living up to your title yet again.

I am here but I believe I will observe for awhile before I point a finger at someone.

Red, can you send the house elf for some butterbeer and some of Madame Rosemerta's oak matured mead?  I'm a bit thirsty.

Make sure you tell her to hold the poison.  But seriously, why are you bringing up an attempt on Dumbledore's life?  Or are you just hinting at Slughorn, a charismatic character who recruits special individuals into his elite cult club?

In response to Mynd:

You are right that Thorum's vote is kind of odd but then again it is day one.  Then again I hate it when people use the fact that it is day one to excuse scummy or apathetic behavior.  Thorum bears watching.  Not that he didn't anyway of course.  As for Adella and me, we are not working in tandem.  She is being scummy all by herself.

Maybe it was because town won for at least a small part because of my almost-random vote for charis in talya's game?

If I was lying low, I'ld have typed: 'Random.org told me to vote [glow=red,2,300]Boopsy[/glow]'.

Which I actually did before deleting it again . Hence the smiley :P

And I probably wouldn't react.

Okay, if you really want it: [glow=red,2,300]Mynd[/glow].

But only cause you asked so nicely.

Wombat, are there people that don't bear watching?

What if I have purposefully not unvoteheth, and my mighty mafia-plotting scheme is now being revealed by the most-non-partisan of judges ever??? :P

And yes, that DOES make sense. Just read it a couple of times ;)

And, before anyone draws any conclusions (yes MYND, I'm watching you 8)), I'm 100% serious :o

Wombat, you could simply have answered 'yes'. Yourself, for example. Unless you don't know your own alignment. Which would make the game a bit hard...

And DM is down again :(

Only the White Tower, it seems...

And all of DM now :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Homepage is up again :)

WT still not :(

Finally.

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 41 alive, 21 to lynch

Vote Count

Thorum(1): Mynd

Aemon(1): Pookie

no vote (29): Bela, Elli, Marta, Som1else, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Pete, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Pankhuri, Wolfie, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Rose, Koujin, Nyn, Taei, Crusher

So Wombat, you say that Daurya could be Slughorn... I could see that, which would mean she was a cult of sorts. When I first read your post, it looked like the two of you were communicating to each other...in some half baked way. And you look just as scummy as Adella ;)

Thorum is acting weird. Much different than in my game where he was innocent, so he's looking pretty suspicious to me right now.

so many people to look at *gets a headache just thinking about it*

And Happy Birthday Nae Nae!  I will keep my standing promise to you for Day 1, but if you start acting scummish, I'm coming for you too!  ;)

Standing promises are a bad idea, and they give mafia room to hide behind (from Nae's point of view).  But you know that, Mynd.  Which means you are scum!

But then.....you'd know that I'd know that, and therefore must be innocent!

But...but...you likely knew I'd come to that conclusion, which means that you must be scum!

But.... *whack*

First of all, this is the part of the game that frustrates me the most!  Can we please not submit to Day 1 randomness? That gives the Mafia (or mafias) an early advantage!  All this "ooh, look Random.org told me to vote" is just mafia babble for "i dont want to look scummy."

I'm not sure what game Thorum is playing, but he seemed to purposely not unvote Charis to cast his vote first on Boopsy and then myself.  Anyone else who has played with Thorum before sense that this is out of his normal playstyle?

Wombat, I think you are jumping to conclusions way too fast here.  

.... As for Adella and me, we are not working in tandem.  She is being scummy all by herself.

Interesting that your mind goes right to scum as there are likely mason groups in this game.  My suspicion is that the two of you voted each other at the same time because you are working together and wish to distance yourselves as much as possible.  You immediately assumed I meant scum, which suggests to me that you assumed I meant you two were mafia.   I am beginning to really think that this is the case now based on your over-reaction.  

For now, I am leaving my vote on Thorum.  This is not his normal gambit.  I would like to hear from the other half of this Wombat/Adella tag team.  Will she come quick to his defense like she has done before?

Talya, what do you mean that it looks like Daurya and Wombat are communicating to each other? If they are trying to communicate in the thread, then they cannot possibly be masons.  What I am thinking is that Wombat is trying to push her role reveal.  Would Slughorn be a cult?  

With 41 players in this game, it stands to reason that there would be about 10 players who are not aligned town.  Make sense?  The typical baddies would likely be MoldyMort and his crew.  Would Slytherin also be some kind of mafia team?  What about Snape?  If Slughorn could be some kind of cult leader, then we need to nip that in the bud right away!

And Verbal, clearly you have a dizzying intellect.  ;)

Is it scummy if I agree with Mynd?  We should probably get that answered off the bat, right?

Its kinda interesting that with so many players familiar with me in this game that I am not at L-1 by now.  I wonder if the mafia have something else planned for my mangy self at night?

Either way, I am confident that there are enough skilled players that are also town aligned that, with or without me, the mafia will have to bring their A game!

Archived