DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

HP Mafia Dead Thread - for those sent to Azkaban and the Departed

Red2111

Scenes posted in game - continued from

Day 5 - Lynch

Alastor Moody limped over to his bookshelf, the sneakoscope was emitting a shrill whistle and his secrecy sensor was vibrating so hard books began to fall off; his magical blue eye zoomed around in his head, first looking upstairs, then through the walls and finally to the outside.  It fixed on the figures moving cautiously toward his house, his wooden leg gave a clunking sound as he limped over to his fire place; above the mantle rested a large oval shaped Foe-Glass with shadowy figures looming just out of focus, Moody gave a gruff cough as he nodded to himself.

Whoever had come to call on him wasn’t an enemy, yet that didn’t mean they weren’t here to harm him in some way; with a displeased frown on his knotted and scarred face, Moody withdrew his wand and made his way to the door.  He swung the it open roughly, letting it slam against the wall with a loud bang, his magical blue eye swerving over the 7 figures standing at the edge of his yard.  He mentally noted each of their names; he knew all these men save the short pompous looking fellow in the middle.  In fact, to say he knew them was an understatement; he’d personally trained each of the Aurors flanking the short man in the middle.

Taking a good inventory of the figures in front, his magical eye swirled into his head and surveyed behind him; finding nothing, it returned to watching each of the men standing before him.  Stamping his wooden leg irritably, Moody yelled to the intruders in a growl of a voice; his regular eye focused on the official looking wizard in the middle.

“Yer lucky I didn’t stun the lot of ya, barging onta my property like some no good rotten sneak-thief’s; state yer business or get off my lawn!”

A few of the younger Aurors, Savage, Robards & Williamson, look uneasy and shuffle their feet; Scrimgeour & Proudfoot’s mouths drew tight in a slight grimace, while Dawlish frowned.  All of them knew too well that, coming from Moddy it was no idle threat; all of them appeared to being wishing they were somewhere else at the moment.  The little wizard in the middle seemed unconcerned by Moody’s gruff threats, he took a deliberate step forward and withdrew a scroll from his pocket; clearing his voice as he unrolled it to read aloud.

“Alastor ‘Mad-Eye’ Moody, you are with conspiring with Albus Dumbledore to undermine the authority of the Minister of Magic & aiding the rebel organization known as The Order of the Phoenix.  You are to await your trial in Azkaban, by order of the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge.”

Moody gave a gruff sardonic laugh, which sounded like sandpaper being drug over concrete.

“So that’s what this is about, eh.  Ol’ Fudge has finally flipped his bowler has he?  Resorted to locking away innocents with trumped up charges while the bad guys have free reign.  Wasn’t enough you had to go and lock up a good man like Kingsly, no you ‘ave to get the best damn Dark Wizard Catcher the Ministry ever had and lock him away too.”

Moody gave a scoff which sounded like a snort, shaking a crooked finger at the Auror’s standing before him.  “Them I expect it from, they don’t know no better, but you” He pointed at the three seasoned Auror’s; Scrimgeour, Williamson & Dawlish blushed a bit at the verbal beating their former teacher and comrade was giving them.

“You I thought better of!  Thought I taught ya to have constant vigilance!  To be prepared to fight even those who are in the Ministry, if it meant protecting the innocent and defending the good.”

The little wizard drew himself up indignantly, his face growing blotchy with utter outrage at the words coming out of the retired Aurors mouth.

“Are you claiming that the Minister is helping He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?!”

The magical eye in Moody’s head stopped whirling around, both eyes now focusing on the little wizard; a snarl complemented his growling tone as he answered.

“What I’m saying is that if the Minister is imprisoning innocent people then he’s either an incompetent prat whose off his rocker, or consorting with the wrong sort and don't have the best intentions at heart.  Either way, he should be removed from office.”

The little wizards eyes opened wide, almost popping out of his head at this last statement; he withdrew his wand, pointing it directly at Moody.

“That’s enough, arrest him now or you can join him in Azkaban!”

Moody grinned at the little wizard, exposing yellowing chipped teeth and highlighting the chunk missing from his gnarled nose.

“If you think I’ll be going quietly like Kingsly did, yer sadly mistaken; I’m not a fool like he was. Stupif…”

Though the Auror’s hadn’t wanted to, they all withdrew their wands and hit Mad-Eye with stunning & disarming spells; at once, red & blue spells hit the veteran wizard and he toppled backward in the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 5 - Dementor & Avanada Kedavera NK's

Remus Lupin pulled his cloak closer to him, trying his best to ignore the cold air night as he walked the beaten path between Hogwarts & Hogsmead.  Though the night wasn’t particularly chilly, the past events were enough to make the warmest summer’s day feel like the dead of winter.  His friends were being killed off, and he wasn’t able to do anything more than stand guard; the only thing which kept him from dwelling on this was the knowledge that Tonks & Teddy were safe.  

A sad smile lit his pale face as he thought of how fast Teddy must be growing, yet that smile didn’t remain on his face for long; the feeling of being watched, of being stalked, tingled between his shoulder blades.  Extending his wand, he muttered a “Lumos!” under his breath and squinted his eyes against the bright light emitting from the tip of his wand.

He turned in a slow circle as he scanned the surrounding area for any unwanted guest.  Not being able to see anyone, he spoke in a clear stern voice.

“I know you are there, come out from hiding and tell me what you want.”

The only response to his words was leaves rustling in the slight wind; though Lupin couldn’t see the unseen watcher, he could sense the watchers eyes still on him.  Lupin continued to stare in that general area, a pensive frown on his gaunt face.  Deciding the best option was to attempt to approach the unseen figure, Lupin mumbled “Nos” and walked into the surrounding woods.  

The light from the sliver of moon was enough to allow him to see, yet he didn’t need the light of the moon to recognize the creatures which approached him.  The air around him turned a bone chilling cold as the hooded figures glided toward him; as the feelings of dread and despair crept in on him, he acted without thought.

“Expecto Patronum!”

A silver chameleon leapt out of his wand tip and latched itself onto a low hanging branch over Lupins head.  Its eyes looked in different directions, locking in on Dementors, and allowing the tail and tongue to pick out Dementors as they swooped in.  Lupin looked around, still feeling the watching eyes upon him; fear flooded through him as Lord Voldemort stepped out of the darkness and sent a disarming curse at Lupin.

His wand flew from his fingers, and the patronus disappeared; Lupin covered his head and ran, though he knew it was pointless.  He saw curse after curse fly by him, hitting the trunks of trees as he past them; he could feel the cold and despair creeping in on him, threatening to paralyze him as the Dementors made their final approach.  Any hope for escape was pushed away as he felt something grab his leg, tripping him face first into the ground.  The last thing he heard before darkness consumed him was a high pitched cold chuckle echoing in the woods behind him.

Voldemort watched as the Dementors made quick work of Lupin; he didn’t fear the creatures, on the contrary he found them rather interesting.   Soon the Dementors were gliding away, after they were gone he approached the huddled mass on the ground.  Using his foot, he turned Remus Lupins body was the face was pointing upwards; he could see the chest moving as Lupin breathed, even see the eyes blink though the look was cloudy and distant.  

The Dementors had done a good clean job of it, and even still Voldemort felt a growing sense of anger that it wasn’t his curse which took the life away from Lupin; he felt anger at having his kill stolen from him by some unknown group using the Dementors as their puppets.  Still, he was breathing; though unresponsive, the fact that his heart beat still meant there was life of some sort residing in that shell of a body.

A look of disdain on his face, Voldemort pointed his wand at Remus’s face.

“Avada Kedavera.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6 - Greyback / Revival /

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep 40 players shifty.gif  pretty much everyone has a role and Ed will be stretching his legs as a Mod in this game as well :)

and just an FYI,  that there are 40 players isn't the thing you have to worry about _______oby.gif

*added up to here

Do you think this game might start soon, Red? I'd like to sign up but I'm in and/or signed up for too many games at the moment. If you think it might be closer to your May start date, though, then maybe I can do it.

It is tempting . . . so very tempting given my love of all things HP.  However, I'm not really mafia-savvy and get a bit frustrated during the games sometimes because I get lost regarding all the roles and twists!

I'm going to hold off for now, I think.  What are the odds I could get a non-playing role where I could just pop in and blow raspberries at people.  Hey, yeah, I could be Peeves!  LOL!  My only part would be to make rude noises, throw water balloons at people and drop chandaliers on their heads! ;D

now see Dar, if Peeves were to be in this game then i could certaintly see him as a Jester where his entire being in the game is only to annoy people and get himself lynched ...

this is purely speculative talk of course ... maybe ... well most likely ... then again it might not be ....

;D

twists and turns in this game will be determined upon the places the players choose to go each day phase.  just like in Rey's Ceasar Mafia, during the night phase you guys will have to vote between 2 areas of the Harry Potter World.  Place that has Majority votes is the one that is chosen, and the place choosen will dertimine what direction the game takes as well as what traps or goodies are sprung.

this could be where knowledge of the series will come in handy, ANY place and ANY character in the Series is liable to show up at any point in time.

Well now that sounds even more intriguing . . .

So, say, if we were to choose to go to Honeydukes, x will happen but if we go to The Three Broomsticks y will happen.  Definitely deliciously intriguing.  Complicated, but intriguing!

*vacillates*

To play or not to play, that is the question . . .

We wouldn't have to go into the Forbidden Forest, would we?  Because I'm terrified of acromantulas!  *shivers in fear*

Ummmm . . . okay, sign me up.  But if I get eaten by an acromantula, I'm going to haunt you forever!

Archived