DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Member? Returning Member? READ HERE!

Hello Thar!

If you don't know me, I'm Elgee, the Amyrlin of the White Tower Social Group here at DM. (Previously known as the WT Org). Feel free to call me Elgee (or apparently The Cuddly Elaida).

This post is to get you oriented if you are a new or returning member. We've got a lot of hidden boards you're likely not seeing.

If you are a returning member and need to regain access to our private boards, please post the following here:

Your full and correct Handle.

Your path (Warder or Aes Sedai)

Your rank (novice, algai, Accepted, Manshima, Aes Sedai, Der'Manshima)

Your affiliation (ie member of the Ren'Shai Discipline or of the White Ajah, etc)

Now, for those newbies out there, here's a quick rundown for you:

What is the WT Social Group?

We are a social organization loosely based on the Aes Sedai and Warders of the books. We are NOT a roleplaying group (please scroll further down DM to the White Tower RP Group for that!) - instead we focus on creating friendships within our Ajahs and Disciplines, and promoting unity & cooperation here at DM and in the real world.

How do I join?

To join the WT, all you have to do is fill out This simple form. Your information will be added to our spreadsheets and we'll get you set up!

How do I get access to all the hidden boards?

Well, some boards are for that particular subgroup only, like private Ajah and Discipline boards. You will not get access to those unless you end up joining that particular Ajah/Discipline. BUT, we do have a ton of other boards you get to see. If you're a new member, please fill in the above form then post here for the attention of the Mistress of Novices (Adella) or the Master at Arms (Verbal32) to get access to the usergroups. They usually only do usergroup requests once a week (on Sundays), so PLEASE do not get antsy while you are waiting unless it has been more than a week since you posted, in which case send a Private Message to Mirshann (Warder aspies carbon copy to Vanion).

What are the Rules and Regulations?

There's several you need to be aware of. First of all, please acquaint yourself with the rules found at THIS PAGE.

Those are the basics. Once you have gained access to the private usergroups for the WT, you will be able to see the following posts as well. I expect you all to please read them after you have the appropriate access to do so:

PG 13 Guidelines at the WT

Rules for Aspirants

Your First Raising Requirement! Must Read & Reply!

Signature and Avatar Guidelines

Elgee edit: READ and sign that you have UNDERSTOOD these rules BEFORE YOU GO RAMPAGING AROUND THE WHITE TOWER AND WARDERS!! And also remember that you are in the White Tower, NOT Fiddlesticks - ie a little bit of spamming WHERE ALLOWED is fun ... too much is just irritating and in the wrong place is plain disrespectful. Thread hi-jacking is a noooo noooo, mkay? Thankees and snugglebites :wink:

Am I a Novice or an Algai?

You can be either one! At the WT Social Group, you may start as either an Aes Sedai path or a Warder path initiate.

Path for Aes Sedai: Novice >> Accepted >> Aes Sedai

Path for Warder: Algai >> Manshima >> Der'Manshima (Der'Manshima is top rank for this path, since "Warder" means you are actually bonded as a Warder to an Aes Sedai)

Females can be on the Warder path, Males can be on the Aes Sedai path. You can decide to change your mind about which path you are taking at any point, as well.

What are the raising requirements?

Novice/Algai to Accepted/Manshima:

*Post you have Read/Understood The Amyrlin's Rules HERE at the Aspirant Quarters.

*Take the required class WT & the DM World

*Take an Elective Class of your choice

*Participate in an Org wide project or community builder, such as service month, cookie exchange, or one of those weeks when we let an Ajah take over the WT board. Other projects can be proposed and we'll look them over.

Accepted/Manshima to Aes Sedai/Der'Manshima:

* Teach an Elective Class or lead an Org wide project or community builder

* Take an Elective Class or Participate in an Org wide project or community builder

* Participate in a project or community builder sponsored by the Ajah or Discipline you are aspiring to.

Where can I track my progress on requirements?

If you've joined since August 1, 2008:

Please bookmark this googledoc for your reference!

If you joined prior to August 1, 2008:

Please keep the link to the MoNster's Lair forums handy (http://monsterslair....dex.php?act=idx). Each aspirant has their own thread, separated by rank, that outlines your requirements and which ones you've satisfied.

When can I declare my intent to join an Ajah/Discipline?

When you have reached the rank of Accepted/Manshima, you may state your intent to join the Ajah or Discipline of your choice. Please be aware, however, that MOST of the Ajahs/Disciplines have an application process and must ACCEPT you as an Aspirant before you can declare yourself. Familiarize yourself with these processes in advance and you'll help yourself out a ton. :) I invite any Ajah Heads/Disc Leaders to reply here with information about their application process if they choose.

When can I bond a Warder/Aes Sedai/First Sister (Souvra bond)?

When you have reached the rank of Accepted or Manshima. Please see the Bonding rules here.

How do I contact ________________________?

Staff Structure

Amyrlin Seat/OL: Elgee

Handle: Elgee

Email: lg_curepipe@yahoo.com

Most-Used Messenger: lg_curepipe@hotmail.com

Keeper of the Chronicles/AOL: Mirshann

Handle: Mirshann Uuranor

Email: fireangel04@hotmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN: fireangel04@hotmail.com, Skype: Mirshannuuranor

Sword Captain of the Warder's Guild/AOL: Vanion

Handle: Vanion

Email: ryan.dinelle@gmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN: vanion@live.com

Mistress of Novices: Adella

Handle: Adella

Email:

Most-Used Messenger:

Master at Arms: Fnorrll

Handle: The_Fnorrll_Reborn

Email:

Most-Used Messenger:

Me'Arearth Sword Commander: Corki

Handle: Corki

Email: valhalla_407@hotmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: As above

Cuen'd'eren Sword Commander: Ireond

Handle: Ireond

Email: aengusmacowen@hotmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN: (same address as above)

Ren'Shai Sword Commander:

Handle:

Email:

Most-Used Messenger:

Blue Ajah Head: Daruya

Handle: Daruya

Email: rhapsodyacres@comcast.net

Most-Used Messenger: MSN? (same address as above)

Brown Ajah Head: Raena

Handle: Raena

Email: fhakansson@gmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN: frida_hakansson@hotmail.com or gtalk: fhakansson@gmail.com

Gray Ajah Head: Mirshann

Handle: Mirshann Uuranor

Email: fireangel04@hotmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN: fireangel04@hotmail.com, Skype: Mirshannuuranor

Green Ajah Head: Charis Sedai / Green Charis / Charis Jr aka CJ

Handle: Charis Sedai

Email: charisweible@yahoo.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN (charissedai@live.com) just please let me know who you are, as I get some spam

Red Ajah Head: Mystica

Handle: Mystica

Email: mystica_mystica@hotmail.com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN: (same address as above)

Yellow Ajah Head: Nynaeve

Handle: Nynaeve

Email: nynaeve_n10[at]hotmail[dot]com, Nynaeve.n10[at]gmail[dot]com

Most-Used Messenger: MSN or Gtalk: (same addresses as above)

White Ajah Head: Charis alAslan

Handle: Charis al'Aslan

Email: Charis_alAslan@dragonmount.com

Most-Used Messenger: GChat (GMAIL) for Charis_alAslan@dragonmount.com

I have MSN for Charis_alAslan@dragonmount.com, too, but hardly on. However, if that's the messenger of choice for most of us, then I'll go on more!

WT Org Info:

Official Email (NEW!): WTorg@dragonmount.com

Official Website: http://whitetower.org/

New Member Sign-up Form: HERE

Anonymous Suggestion Form: Coming Soon

Novice Book and Guild Logs: HERE and HERE

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With your permission, Mother.

Red Ajah Aspirations (if you want to be a Red, read this carefully)

In addition to Mother's instructions I'd like to point out that any Accepted desiring to join the Red Ajah is expected to follow the guidelines outlined in one of the stickies on the Red Ajah board. They are asked NOT to post or otherwise inform people of their intention before they are officially accepted by the Ajah. We like our surprises, us Reds, and on a more serious note broadcasting your choice prior to it becoming official may do you and the Ajah a disservice in case you change your mind at any point in the process.

Every Ajah has guidelines regarding their aspirant procedures, so take the time to get acquainted with them by reading the Ajah stickied threads and, where necessary, talk to the Ajah Heads or members.

When you join the White Tower, please keep an open mind. You will find that the Ajahs are in some ways quite different than the ones you know from the books. Don't go jumping to any conclusions, but take the time to read the boards and get to know the people in each group (this goes for the Warder Disciplines as well).

All Ajahs and Discs HIGHLY appreciate Aspirants that take this seriously, as it is a sign that they take the Ajah/Discipline (and consequently the people in them) seriously. Remember that, no matter how much goofyness you will find in any of the groups, 99% of the people in these groups consider their Ajah/Disc as their home and are usually quite protective of that.

Mystica,

Head of the Red Ajah

For a returning Warder. It is a pleasure to meet you Mother Duck *smiles and bows with hand to heart* and no you were not Ameyrlin last time I was here. So congrats on the seat Mother.  Most say this is much better way of meeting the Amyrlin then the last time. This has been a pleasure and a honor Mother. *bows agian*

It is sunday, I filled out my form early in the week and PMed U4ea a few days ago. I know you said that sunday is when things get put through usually, I'm just a bit anxious to get to those secret boards!

Reyn- Let me know if you still can't see them within a day or two.  What happens is Lor/Verb emails the forum Admin (Segurant) who is in charge of adding people to usergroups.  He usually gets to them within a day or so of being emailed, and I do try to keep an eye on them (I'm carbon copied, usually) so if it goes longer than a day I can do them myself now *polishes her shiny new Admin badge*.

Tharengore:  Hello and thanks for the compliments!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well I used to switch back and forth between Bellanoire/Bellanoir/ and Nicci Sedai

I think i used nicci Sedai mostly in the WT I was a green aspie and we are talking about what 5 years maybe, hey lor when was kaira and i troublessome trio?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sure you are all already aware but here is a reminder anyway -

That the links in the OP in this thread need to be changed to match up with the new forum.

Id already filled the form in from the link thats there. Is that still ok or should I do something else to make people aware of my submission?

Kemian, when did you fill in the form? It sometimes takes a few days to get that sorted, and with the Admins working very hard on getting all the glitches sorted out on DM8, it might take a little bit longer than normal.

Archived