DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you reading?

redarm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, but that was technically a play, and really short, so Ill tell you the book I read before that one was On Her Majesty's Secret Service by Ian Fleming. Love James Bond. 

Right now Im reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, which is really cool and deep (I found a passage in it I might actually read at my wedding in September), and after that, Im planning on either rereadkng To Kill A Mockingbird, which is one of my all time favorites, or finally starting on the Dark Tower series with The Gunslinger. Ive wanted to read that for so long, but already being in the middle of Ian Flemings Bond books, Game of Thrones, AND the Wheel of Time, I dont know if I can mentally handle alternating with a FOURTH series. But that's probably what I'll end up doing. :P

I'm not long into The Shadow Rising. Great first few chapters.

I just recently finished Crossroads of Twilight (book 10), and The Shadow Rising has been my favorite book in the series ever since I read it. This is the book where you really start loving all the split main storylines, even though that thing really started in the previous book. It was the one book where I was really invested in what everyone was up to, not just one or two of the storylines.

• 1 month later...

This last month I've finished the alchemist, and read dragon summer, a relatively new book in a series I read as a child, reread To Kill a Mockingbird, I started The Dark Tower with The Gunslinger, which was VERY different than I thought it would be but really good. I just finished Knife of Dreams, and have started the next Dark Tower book with The Drawing of the Three. Really in love with this new series.

I'm planning on reading Ian Fleming's You Only Live Twice next. Drawing close to the end of his books. A sad thing to think about.

• 1 month later...

Print

Queen of Fire by Anthony Ryan

Next up is The Black Elfstone by Terry Brooks

Audiobook

Babylon's Ashes by James SA Corey

Also about to finish The Dragon Reborn.  Decided to start getting the WOT audiobooks with my Audible monthly credit and listening to them while I walk during my lunch break.  Read the series in paperback from the early 90's through A Memory of Light.  Decided to go through the series again pending this new TV series, this time on audio.  Kate Reading and Michael Kramer are the best.  

• 3 weeks later...

Now I read 'Responsive Design' by Ethan Marcotte. A cool book that describes how to design a website that doesn't depend on the type of device, its size and screen resolution. Everything is analyzed on concrete examples with design and fragments of code, with the help of which I do my homework. This book is really useful for those who want to create websites for any platform.

Edited by krow

• 3 months later...

This last month I've finished the alchemist, and read dragon summer, a relatively new book in a series I read as a child, reread To Kill a Mockingbird, I started The Dark Tower with The Gunslinger, which was VERY different than I thought it would be but really good. I just finished Knife of Dreams, and have started the next Dark Tower book with The Drawing of the Three. Really in love with this new series.

I'm planning on reading Ian Fleming's You Only Live Twice next. Drawing close to the end of his books. A sad thing to think about.

The Dark Tower series is really good, but the movie sucked.

• JenniferL unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2010 at 9:51 AM, Mr Ares said:

Well, if I get really into one book, it does tend to take over more time than others, but I can put a book down for a few weeks and pick up where I left off with no problems. Plus, my brain is incredible. And there were two other books on the go, Hunter's Run by Gardner Dozois, George R.R. Martin and Daniel Abraham, and Edison's Frankenstein.

It's quite good so far, the writing is engaging. If you don't know much about British India and are interested, this book will do.

https://hookupmasters.com/adult-dating-sites/arousingdates-review/

Yes, I remember it's great!

Edited by JordanHolloway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just finished Children Of The Mind, by Orson Scott Card, A Memory Of Light for the 30th time, and I am reading Star Trek Picard: The Last Best Hope, because I like to have multiple books on the go. This last one is fantastic. It really fleshes out the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow, can't believe this thread is still on the first page here.  I started it a looooong time ago.   

Guess I can keep it going....

Other than a current reread of Eye of the World, I am about to wrap up the Fitz and the Fool trilogy by Robin Hobb, down to the last 100 pages of Assassins Fate.   Also rereading Ursula K. Leguin's EarthSea series.

Happy Reading!