DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Abhorsen Mafia--GAME OVER, CONGRATS TOWN

mmeeshal

Welcome to Abhorsen Mafia.  This is a tale of despair, but also of hope.  From the border towns near the Wall in the south to the Glacier of the Clayr in the north, trouble walks the land.  With grim determination the citizens go about their daily lives, trusting in the mighty Abhorsen and her bells to put an end to the dark times.

Meanwhile forces of greed and evil work to overthrow the Kingdom, destroying Charter stones and civilization and letting Dead walk the land freely.

Who will triumph?  Will the Old Kingdom stand strong, or has the mighty Abhorsen finally met her match in whoever is behind this mass uprising of the Dead?

List of Players:

1. Ed (Prince Sameth/Vanilla Citizen)--Killed Night 6

2. Dapiano (Sanar/Vanilla Citizen)--WON

3. Talya (Lirael/Finder)--Killed Night 5

4. Rey (Orannis/Cult Leader)--Killed Night 2

5. Al Jenn (Ranna/Vanilla Citizen)--Lynched Day 2

6. Locke (Colonel Horyse/Vanilla Citizen)--Lynched Day 5

7. Wombat (Sabriel/Healer)--Killed Night 4

8. Pete (Hedge, Mafia-turned-Cult)--Lynched Day 3

9. Alanna (Ellimere/Vanilla Citizen)--Killed Night 3

10. Red (Chlorr of the Mask/Mafia)--Randomly Lynched Day 6

11. Pale Merlot (Mogget/Vanilla Citizen)--Randomly Lynched Day 1

12. Pookie (Kerrigor/Mafia Godfather)--Randomly Lynched Day 7

13. Daetirion (Astarael/Vanilla Citizen)--Killed Night 1

14. Limi (Vancelle/Vanilla Citizen--Randomly Lynched Day 4

15. Tynaal (Disreputable Dog/Vanilla Citizen)--WON

Rules

1. Mod is god, and all that jazz.  What I say goes.  You don't like something I do, PM me, but basically you're just going to have to deal with me and whatever I decide to do. :D ;)

2. No quoting of role PMs, period.  You do, you die.  No exceptions.

3. Absolutely NO editing of posts.  Some mods allow it, and on your own head be it; but if I see an edited post, the guilty player will be modkilled.  I am not a mean mod; if it's an honest mistake I will give a warning smack on the head, but any further infractions and you're gone.  If you make a typo or spelling error, feel free to doublepost to correct yourself.  DON'T, DON'T, DON'T edit your posts.

4. If a majority vote for a lynch has not been reached by the deadline for the Day Phase, a random modkill will occur, directed by random.org.

5. Days will last *48 RL hours (2 days), with the exception of Day 1, which will last 96 hours (4 days).  Nights will last *24 hours.

If I feel like the game is dragging, the deadlines will be changed to 48-hour days and 24-hour nights.  You will be notified if this goes into effect.

6. I am a great respecter of deadlines.  If a hammer(the last vote for a majority; if there are 12 people the hammer vote would be the 7th vote on a single person) is cast before the deadline, any and all vote changes will still be accepted all the way up until the deadline.  However, if the group is certain of its decision and there is still a good amount of Day phase left, the group may petition for an early conclusion.

7. No talking with other players about the game off-thread, unless you were specifically told it was okay in your Role PM.  If you do, you will be modkilled.  I cannot abide cheating.

8. Please glow your votes and unvotes.  I'm not picky about color, so if you want to experiment feel free to do so.

9. This post, as well as all posts with official Mod vote counts, will contain a link to a countdown for the current deadline for each phase, so as to avoid confusion about time zone differences.

That's all for now; if I think of anything else I'll add it here and let you guys know in-thread if I've updated the rules.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day dawns in the Old Kingdom, the sun shining merrily down as birds cheerfully sing their good morning chorus.

You shake your head at the beauty of the new day; on the surface is peace, but boiling in the minds and hearts of everyone you know, and everyone you've ever heard of, is a deep, painful fear.  The weather ought to be reflecting the state of things, you think to yourself; it should be stormy and cold, and the animals should be cowering in fright.

Immediately you chastise yourself for these thoughts.  Rain is a small help against the Dead, but this day promises to be bright and clear, the sun a scorching beacon in the sky.  The Dead should be quiescent this day, and the chirping of the birds is a sure sign that nothing ill walks the land.  At the moment.

You sigh wearily.  You know the Abhorsen is struggling to free the kingdom from the troubles it faces, laying the Dead down and binding them never to return.  But every day more come, and you hear whispers that some great enemy is working against the Abhorsen.  A frightening thought, to be sure, especially when you never know if today will be your last, but you have faith in the Abhorsen.  She's never let you down before.

As you venture out of your home and into the main street of your village, you hear worried murmurs and notice the hurried steps of the people you've known all your life.  They glance gratefully up at the blazing sun, but still the fear and sadness is palpable.

You know what it is.  The Dead thing hounding your village, whatever it is, struck again last night.  Someone you know, or knew, is no longer alive, drained of the life that burned so brilliantly only yesterday.  You don't know who, yet, but you don't need to.  The Elder of your village has sent a plea to the capitol for the Abhorsen to help; you can only go on with your lives and pray that the Charter will see you through till the Abhorsen is free to lend her powerful aid.

Please check in here, and let me know if you got your role PM!  If you haven't received any PM's from me, please let me know so I can fix that. :D

Day 1 has begun.  It will last until Friday, January 29th at 3 AM Central time.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Good luck!  Have fun! :D

I realized today that this book is part of a Garth Nix series that I already had on my "to read" list, but am not reading because my STUPID library always has a waitlist on the books I want to read.  Maybe a week or two into February if people turn their books in on time.  *sigh*

Archived