DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Banned Books Mafia - Entities Win! Congrats Meesh, Seryanne and Rose!

Liathiana

What don't you follow? This game is very different from that game already. In case you hadn't noticed, everyone is kind of voting for random reasons right now, and everyone is acting a bit silly about it. Whereas that other game started off kind of serious, with DSage's reveal. I adapt to the game. And geez, this is only my second game, and I already have a 'style'? What, if I don't act exactly the same like I did in my first, beginner's game (in which I was still learning/i], by the way, and still figuring out how to play).

And I just said why I wasn't using logic or reason here, not that my vote post did use logic. There is nothing to go on right now in order to vote logically, so I'm not voting logically. But I do want to vote, rather than not voting at all, because I think lynching someone is better than not lynching at all. I'm not trying to set up Lily, I just agree that we don't have a lot of time left, and need to lynch someone. I suppose I could have restated exactly what she said, but that would have been kind of dumb and redundant.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 1am where I am, and I'm STILL hungover and feeling sick from last night. AND I broke the lampshade on my bedside lamp. Sigh.

*does some totting up*

Hmmm, I think that is the seven votes needed. Poor Torrie! I guess that we still need to wait until the end of the "day" in case a bigger, better bandwagon comes along?

Vote Count:

Torrie (7): Meesh, Dsworn, Lily, Seryanne, Alanna, mnwhiterose, Charis

Dsworn (1): Ellianora

mnwhiterose (2) Myst, Torrie

Not Voting: Dsage, Luddy

Torrie the innocent The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger has been BANNED.

Catchcov.jpg

The hero-narrator of The Catcher in the Rye is an ancient child of sixteen, a native New Yorker named Holden Caulfield. Through circumstances that tend to preclude adult, secondhand description, he leaves his prep school in Pennsylvania and goes underground in New York City for three days.

The boy himself is at once too simple and too complex for us to make any final comment about him or his story. Perhaps the safest thing we can say about Holden is that he was born in the world not just strongly attracted to beauty but, almost, hopelessly impaled on it.

There are many voices in this novel: children's voices, adult voices, underground voices -- but Holden's voice is the most eloquent of all. Transcending his own vernacular, yet remaining marvelously faithful to it, he issues a perfectly articulated cry of mixed pain and pleasure. However, like most lovers and clowns and poets of the higher orders, he keeps most of the pain to, and for, himself. The pleasure he gives away, or sets aside, with all his heart. It is there for the reader who can handle it to keep.

Within two weeks of its 1951 release, J.D. Salinger's novel rocketed to No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list. Ever since, the book — which explores three days in the life of a troubled 16-year-old boy — has been a "favorite of censors since its publication," according to the American Library Association. In 1960, school administrators at a high school in Tulsa, Okla., fired an English teacher for assigning the book to an 11th grade class. While the teacher later won his appeal, the book remained off the required reading list. Another community in Columbus, Ohio, deemed the book "anti-white" and formed a delegation to have it banned from local schools. One library banned it for violating codes on "excess vulgar language, sexual scenes, things concerning moral issues, excessive violence, and anything dealing with the occult." When asked about the bans, Salinger once said, "Some of my best friends are children. In fact, all my best friends are children. It's almost unbearable for me to realize that my book will be kept on a shelf out of their reach."

The book introduced slang expressions like the term screw up (as in, "Boy, it really screws up my sex life something awful"). Literary critics have both hailed and assailed the novel, which broke the mold with its focus on character development rather than plot. Holden Caulfield, the novel's protagonist, has since become a symbol of adolescent angst. In 1980, 25-year-old Mark David Chapman shot Beatles legend John Lennon in front of his Manhattan home and later gave the book to police as an explanation for why he did it.

Night has begun, beware books! Shiver in your bindings! For one of you will be BANNED tonight! *plays eery music*

You have 48 hours for Night Actions. Once Night Actions are in I will start Day 2. Good luck!

Guest dragonsworn1991

There isn't really a way to vote 'justly' the first day; we have nothing to go on. (And I would call it voting logically, as opposed to justly). And that game was entirely different, as DSage's role gave us something to start with right away. Getting someone lynched the first day will give something to go on.

You contradict yourself, *Points up* Here you say you use logic for your vote.

*Points down* Here you say it is random

What don't you follow? This game is very different from that game already. In case you hadn't noticed, everyone is kind of voting for random reasons right now, and everyone is acting a bit silly about it. Whereas that other game started off kind of serious, with DSage's reveal. I adapt to the game. And geez, this is only my second game, and I already have a 'style'? What, if I don't act exactly the same like I did in my first, beginner's game (in which I was still learning/i], by the way, and still figuring out how to play).

And I just said why I wasn't using logic or reason here, not that my vote post did use logic. There is nothing to go on right now in order to vote logically, so I'm not voting logically. But I do want to vote, rather than not voting at all, because I think lynching someone is better than not lynching at all. I'm not trying to set up Lily, I just agree that we don't have a lot of time left, and need to lynch someone. I suppose I could have restated exactly what she said, but that would have been kind of dumb and redundant.

[glow=green,2,300]Unvote[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Alanna[/glow]

I can no longer stand behind a Torrie lynch. If she flips mafia I know what that will look like, but rite now I have a little something to go on. This has been a pretty rich day one.

• Club Leader

Pete, this is exactly the way you behave when you're mafia and I'm innocent. I don't want to do this again. I tried to switch my vote to you, but I didn't make it in time. If the healer doesn't protect me, I know you'll nightkill me, just like you did last time. *sigh* I had hoped that we could play nicely together just once.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Pete, this is exactly the way you behave when you're mafia and I'm innocent. I don't want to do this again. I tried to switch my vote to you, but I didn't make it in time. If the healer doesn't protect me, I know you'll nightkill me, just like you did last time. *sigh* I had hoped that we could play nicely together just once.

Lily believe me or not, I am innocent, I win with the town. Since you said that either me or you will probably be the nk to frame up the other. But I think a good mafia member as yourself knowws that and will target someone random. Lily you are a very smart player, your posts just do not quit fit.

TOWN IF I AM NK PLEASE GO AFTER ALANNA OR LILY IF I AM STILL AROUND I WILL LEAD THE CHARGE MYSELF

I did NOT contradict myself. You aren't getting me, or you're mafia and you're trying to twist my words, like you did in the last game, I might point out.

You said I voted 'justly' in the last game. So this quote from myself:

There isn't really a way to vote 'justly' the first day; we have nothing to go on. (And I would call it voting logically, as opposed to justly). And that game was entirely different, as DSage's role gave us something to start with right away. Getting someone lynched the first day will give something to go on.

When I said 'And I would call it voting logically, as opposed to justly,' I was talking about the way I voted in the last game, the Beginner's Game. I was saying in that game I had voted logically, as opposed to 'justly,' which was your word.

So when I then said it was random, it was. Have I been clear now? I never, ever said my vote for Torrie was logical, you just misunderstood my words. My vote for Torrie was random, and I've already explained why I voted randomly (and why everyone else did, too for the reason. I mean, because she doesn't like pink, really? And you're not going after any of them?). Anything I said about voting logically was in talking about the last game, which, to be honest, I'm getting tired of talking about the last game. We're in this game, now.

• Club Leader

There's one little thing wrong with your logic there, Pete. You've never seen me play mafia yet. You have no idea how I would behave then. And, forgive me if I don't spell out my plans for when that does occur. *smile* I guarantee drawing attention to myself is not part of it, though.

I'm going to apologize for what I said. This feels a lot like how you play when you're mafia, except for one major thing, which I missed in the heat of the moment. If you were mafia, you would not have backed off of the Torrie lynch. That's not your style.

I think neither one of us is ourselves right now. I'm relaxed and playful because of my vacation, which none of you have ever seen. And you're really stressed. I feel like I'm beating up my kid brother after he had his heart broken. This is not fun! I'm ending it here. I think we're both innnocent at this point. If I have to deal with it tomorrow after the votes start piling in, I will. Otherwise, let's move on.

Um, guys...? All of these references to 'the last game' are really confusing and hard to follow. I also dont know if they belong in this game at all. Can we just focus on what's at hand?   :-\

Seconded!

I'm going to apologize for what I said. This feels a lot like how you play when you're mafia, except for one major thing, which I missed in the heat of the moment. If you were mafia, you would not have backed off of the Torrie lynch. That's not your style.

I think neither one of us is ourselves right now. I'm relaxed and playful because of my vacation, which none of you have ever seen. And you're really stressed. I feel like I'm beating up my kid brother after he had his heart broken. This is not fun! I'm ending it here. I think we're both innnocent at this point. If I have to deal with it tomorrow after the votes start piling in, I will. Otherwise, let's move on.

Lily, this was really nice *hug*

Guest dragonsworn1991
When I said 'And I would call it voting logically, as opposed to justly,' I was talking about the way I voted in the last game, the Beginner's Game. I was saying in that game I had voted logically, as opposed to 'justly,' which was your word.

Now I am really confused because you did not vote day one. I never twisted your words that game, I twisted and manipulated the situation, there is a difference.

How true, but since I am your kid brother I must *Steals Lily's phone while she is talking to her boyfriend, read her journal, spill cola on her favorite shirt*. That was tiring. I know I have not had the pleasure of seeing how you would act as a member of the mafioso yet, but your play style is very different from previous games. I am using process of elimination. I try and play the same as when I am mafia and when I am innocent.

I look for slips in logic in both situations. If I am mafia I wait to find an innocent who says something mafia and frame them, and when I am innocent I try and find someone who slips in there logic and I hope they are mafia.

So when I then said it was random, it was. Have I been clear now? I never, ever said my vote for Torrie was logical, you just misunderstood my words. My vote for Torrie was random, and I've already explained why I voted randomly (and why everyone else did, too for the reason. I mean, because she doesn't like pink, really? And you're not going after any of them?). Anything I said about voting logically was in talking about the last game, which, to be honest, I'm getting tired of talking about the last game. We're in this game, now.

Back to you Alanna. The people that voted for Torrie said there vote was a joke and they were trying to get information off of the lynch. I presented as good a case as you can expect for day one, but I think I have stumbled on something more.

I do not have a read yet on DSage which kind of worries me, and Luddy's silence is to be noted, he is usually very active, Seryanne I have never played with you, but as you can see I have a interesting reputation. Charis I am always suspicious of you after how you played in the HP game.

I do not have a read yet on DSage which kind of worries me, and Luddy's silence is to be noted, he is usually very active, Seryanne I have never played with you, but as you can see I have a interesting reputation. Charis I am always suspicious of you after how you played in the HP game.

I can see where you get some of that reputation too. :) I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the game as I learn how the dynamics work. At the moment I'm being pretty flippant as I learn the ropes. But you're right. I am pretty curious about Luddy. He might just be busy of course, but the fun of this for me, so far, is how the most trivial of actions can be suspicious.

• Club Leader

Thanks, Seryanne. To be honest, I'm juggling too many games right now, and having trouble keeping everything straight. And it seems that Pete and are always on opposing sides, something we have griped about together. Either I lead the lynch on him on Day one, or he nightkills me on Night one. It's a depressing pattern that I'm trying to break, but not at the cost of being stupid. If he is mafia, I don't want to overlook it, just because I want to break the pattern. It's a tightrope walk, and I blew it. I think we are actually on the same side this time, and this is how we act. Sheesh!

Pete, I think we may have turned the corner. I like your logic there on all of the players. I'm actually going to do a reread, looking for those little clues I'm so fond of. *grinz*

I wonder if my post will go through this time. This thread is busy! Take three...

Guest dragonsworn1991

Dragonsworn, Lily, telling the rest of us what to do if you get NK'd is bad bad bad.  It gives the Entities a way to make someone else take the blame.  Bad play by both of you, I would have expected better.

Actually not it is WIFOM with the mafia. So I am doing just what I want to do. Your over analysis of my post just raised you up on my radar

Archived