DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia..Game Thread!! *Game over. Mafia Win*

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, you're displaying an attitude that's conspicuously at odds with that of finding the mafia.

Unless you think that we're all mafia?

For the newbies, here's a guiding principle that I've found handy in my games. You don't play this game by yourself, but as part of a team. This means that you can afford to die; you still have a chance to win.

An extension of this principle is that you can use your death to help the town. In a game that finished a few months ago, I was a vanilla townie - I had no role other than to vote each day. On day two, I managed to make myself look like I was a finder, someone who has the chance to investigate someone else each night and discover their alignment. The mafia nightkilled me happily. This let the real finder live longer, and they actually discovered the mafia.

The town still lost that game, but only through really stunning mafia play.

---

Make of that what you will, mafia-of-this-game  ;)

Kelly is still wary from the long day of questioning she endured after the murder.  She still has no real suspicions as to who the guilty party is, but there are some who are showing a little less fear then others...  She tries to get some sleep but is sure to keep a knife close to hand in case the killer tries to visit her next...

Lorei tosses and turns in her sleep. In her dreams she is running, running, running...She risks a quick look back at her pursuer, but all she can see is a dark shadowy shape. She wants to hide, but there's no place to hide, so she has to keep running. The Shadow is getting closer and closer! Hide! She must hide! No place to go! No place to hide!

Gasp!

She wakes in a sweat, panting from fear. It was just a dream. She closes her eyes again and wills her heart to slow down. She has no weapon, no way to protect herself from whoever killed their crew member. She had even been considered for lynching! Her heart sped up again, and she had to slow her breathing. Well, if they come for her so be it. She would try to forgive them their mistake. To help calm her nerves, she goes through the list of her fellow crew members. Panda - quick to accuse, but his arguments did make a sort of sense. Two had wanted him lynched. Aubrey - had very nearly been lynched. (And where did she get that thing she keeps licking?) Kelly - someone had placed a vote on her just for wanting it all to be over. And where the heck is Alailyn? You just don't go off and leave your crew, no matter what. Could be he was dead already. That's why she'd voted for him. She couldn't bear the thought of killing an innocent crew member. Much easier to kill someone when you don't have to look them in the eyes. Naeann - someone had wanted her dead, too. Odd that was, as odd as the two votes on Panda. Lorei continues to mull over the list and finally falls asleep again, praying that she will live 'til morning.

*Stays awake for a while after hitting the hay.  Listens to the sounds of the old house as the old wooden timbers creak and groan as they settle.  Listens to the rythmic tap, tap, tap, of stiletto heels as a lady somewhere walks down a wood floor.  Listens to the wind outside, hearing the old oak tree near the soccer field groan as its heavy limbs sway in the breeze softly creaking, hears the branches swish against the metal roof.  Hears the squeaking sound of an unoiled door, creaking drawn out noise as it is opened or closed.  Hears the deadbolt slide and thuds as it secures the door, keeping somebody in or out.  Hears a window slam shut with finality.  Hears someone in the room next to his, thump, thump thump of boot heels, then the SCCCCCCRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!  some one stepped on a cat's tail.  hears the sound of the boots as their wearer stumbles away from the cat, knocking over a dressing table, hears the pitcher and wash bowl turn over and break in the silence.  a loud but inaudible cursing, unclear if male or female.  Hears a cadence of sound as if a weave is uttered, and the OP is used to unbreak the pitcher and washbowl.  Feels a chill, shivers, pulls blankets close, wishing that a flower scented somone were with him.  drifts off to sleep.

*Maeva lies in bed, unable to sleep, the events of the day playing over and over in her mind.  She wants to sleep but the noises of the night are preventing any kind of sleep.  She pulls the covers up over her head.  If she can't see an attacker, maybe it won't happen.  Wishful thinking most likely but it's all the comfort she can give to herself.  Worrying thoughts still fill her mind as she attempts to drift off to sleep*

Daruya wraps the thin blankets around her and huddles against the wall, facing the door.  With a mounting feeling of dread, she awaits a long, restless night.  She jumps as she hears a thud in the next room but then realizes it was probably just the occupant dropping his or her shoe.  Against her will, her eyelids start to drift closed.

Illiara is shivering as she tries as hard as she can to stay awake.  So far, nothing has happened, but she is getting jumpy.  Every little sound she hears is making her extremely nervous.  She is very tired and desperately wants to sleep, but she is afraid that as soon as she sleeps, the attackers will come in and kill her.  She prays that she will make it to morning alive...

Night has ended.

You all wake up after a restless sleep. You look around and find that Jeran is missing. He is found in the next room with a knife in his back. You are all shocked. He was a relatively quiet person and did not seem suspicions. You look in his pockets and pouch and find a letter with orders to infiltrate the Crew and spread false information.

Jeran an Obligator and Tineye(IE Finder) is Dead.

Day will End in 48 hours. You need 8 votes to lynch.

PewterArm.: Body Guard

Mistborn: Assasin.

Tineye: Detective.

Crew Leader: Can direct the TinEye to Spy a player.

Obligators: The Mafia.

WAIT WAIT WAIT I figured it out

Seems like there's two killing roles: mafia and assassin. Is the assassin aligned with the town or by themselves? Somebody familiar with DM games tell me. Anyway, both submit kills. PewterArm (doctor/healer?) blocks whomever the mafia wanted to kill, and assassin kills a mafioso.

Good night for the town  :D

Still voting Aubrey though.

Archived