DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oh Light...

I started reading WoT in the sixth grade. I do have students who enjoy reading, but the majority only read when forced to. Its sad, actually. The students who dislike reading are the ones who need the most practice. If they don't read, they'll fall further behind.

I feel all flattered...LOL :wink:

I've been a compulsive reader ever since I could. I was always miles ahead of my class when I was at Primary School and I'm still way ahead of alot of people my age now. They just see reading as a chore whereas I've always seen it as a pleasure. :) Plus it led me to DM and what could be better than that?? lol

*stands in front of her books and growls*

Don't mess with the books. And well, let's just say that I was supposedly reading at college level by the time I was in 6th or 7th grade. (Kinda sad to think about.) Reading is good, it builds vocabulary and a general understanding of the language. Also it teaches you sentence structure and correct writing skills.

And yes, you have to find them something that will interest them right off. *hint* Copy the first chapter or two of the tEotW and let them read it, I'm willing to bet they'll be hooked. (Don't tell them how long it is until later. :) )

actualy however much books i gomped down i where never a good writer...thats something that has come later specialy after i joined the RP i feel i developed my writing skills..in fact for all the books i read i always had some problems with double letters when i was younger *shrugs* and the one class i didnt get "5" on in youth school when i was done was norwegian sidelanguage...though luckily i got an "6" in the nature subject (biology, chemistry and physics) to weigh up for it :D

Archived