Vargas Metcon

A year in the making, WoT finished and time to keep learning!

Recommended Posts

Hello ! 

Im new to Dragonmount and excited to research all of the varied opinions the fantastic fans of this series have to offer.

Over a year ago I had to spend a month in hospital and I read Tolkiens Lord of the Rings while bedbound . Following this, I swore that I would start and finish the WoT series in a year!. 

Although I took a few breaks here and there to read some non-fictional works (especially around book 10) I was always excited to gallop back into Jordans exciting creation.

Although some details irritated me, my love of the story and characters always made up for it and I can honestly say I had a few tears in my eyes upon the curtain call.

 

I may be late to the party and deep into the fourth age but at least Im here now :)

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, Vargas! We're glad you've joined us!

 

So tell us, who are your favorite characters?  What did you love the most?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!

 

WoT in a year is a cool idea! I should really hurry up and read the last couple of books <.<

 

*Waits to hear about the favs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the community!

 

Please take a look at the Social Groups when you have a little time and join any that seem to meet your interests.  You may join as few or as may as you'd like.  If you have any questions about the Band or the Black Tower I'll try to answer them and there are plenty of other members who can help answer questions on the other groups too.

 

Hope to see you around the site and please feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Songstress said:

Welcome, Vargas! We're glad you've joined us!

 

So tell us, who are your favorite characters?  What did you love the most?

Thank you,

With 129 point of view characters throughout the series Jordan supplied plenty of variation. I have to agree with most people that Mat was one of my favorites. Although some would disagree with me I found him to be more witty in the last 3 books. I found his interactions with Deathwatch Commander Furyk Karede hilarious for example. Book 12 for me was one of my favorite, I enjoyed the pace difference Sanderson added but felt the character depth was lacking. I am however happy with what he did with an impossible task left to him.

 

How about you ? Is there anything you loved/hated ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nikon said:

Welcome to the community!

 

Please take a look at the Social Groups when you have a little time and join any that seem to meet your interests.  You may join as few or as may as you'd like.  If you have any questions about the Band or the Black Tower I'll try to answer them and there are plenty of other members who can help answer questions on the other groups too.

 

Hope to see you around the site and please feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Thanks Nikon !

I will take a look at the various groups, thanks for the help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm partial to Lan, myself.  He's such a BAMF.  :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad you found your way here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Vargas Metcon said:

Thank you,

With 129 point of view characters throughout the series Jordan supplied plenty of variation. I have to agree with most people that Mat was one of my favorites. Although some would disagree with me I found him to be more witty in the last 3 books. I found his interactions with Deathwatch Commander Furyk Karede hilarious for example. Book 12 for me was one of my favorite, I enjoyed the pace difference Sanderson added but felt the character depth was lacking. I am however happy with what he did with an impossible task left to him.

 

How about you ? Is there anything you loved/hated ?

 

Yep Called it from your first post! Future Cav member here!

Welcome to DM Vargas and do make sure you come visit the Band of the Red Hand where I can corrupt recruit you!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!  Glad you enjoyed the series, you will find many good discussions and just plan goofiness as well.  Look forward to seeing you around the social groups.  Glad to see another person who enjoyed Sanderson's work as well even if it was, as you said, a little shallow in the characters.  Swing by the Wolfkin and the Ogier.  I'll be sure to say hi there too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome welcome Vargas! I'm BB. I am very close to doing a re-read myself but I need the rest of the books first. I shared the series with my broher so I only have random books. I agree with your Mat thoughts. I really enjoyed Lan as well, and I actually quite liked Juilin until he got a bit weird in the later books, where Talmanes kinda won out. I have deep feelings for so many of the characters though haha. 

 

Join us! Come peek in at the social groups! I can also recommend the Band-particularly for a Mat fan. I promise we'll treat you nice ;p

All the social groups are completely lovely. And if you have any interest in writing at all, the roleplay side of things is kicking up again and we'd love to have you! Shoot me a PM if you're bored or confused! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now