DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Original vs Cover 2018 (plus bonus extra version!)

Original vs Cover 2018 Edition!

Somewhere Over the RaInbow

I figured it was about time to revamp these bad boys. I always loved original vs covers. This time round we have an extra song because I needed all these options to grace the eardrums of all you beautiful Banders. The song is Somewhere Over the Rainbow!

Garland: 4

Cassidy: 2

Sinatra: 3

A classic, right? Composed by Harold Arlen, with lyrics by Harburg, it was originally sung by Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz, but since those days, it has exploded off into the jazz must dos and gone on from there. Everyone knows the song! There are so many versions around, but these are my favourite three. The Frank Sinatra cover is just gorgeous. It's the kind of mellow tones that shoot me straight into that vague melancholy of the song.

Frank Sinatra:

Then this gem of a cover. Eva Cassidy has an amazing voice, and her cover of this song has been the soundtrack to so many moments of my life-not even intentionally, just through it putting out the perfect mood. Please, just listen to it!

Eva Cassidy:

And of course, you can't go past the original!

Judy Garland:

So! Get voting! I will allow people to vote for two! Give your favourite 2 points and your second favourite 1, and let's see how this works out :p

Edited by The Bard Babe