DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy New Year!

LadyWordsmith

I hope everyone had an enjoyable evening last night, celebrating our start of a new year in the manner of your choosing. :mat:

We had our (now traditional) relaxing evening of having a few friends over for pot-luck food, board games, and quality conversation. This year's game of choice Shakespeare: The Bard Game! (In which you run frantically all over London, collecting patrons, props, and actors of varying levels of ability in order to produce Shakespeare's various plays at the theatre of your choosing. The better the play goes off, the more points you get. Money is attained by busking, Shakespeare trivia, reading off monologues for the judgement of your fellow players, trading, brawling in the streets, or flirting. :wink: ) . 

That sounds lovely, too. :smile: My son and I work/school out of the house (I teach for a virtual public school, which he also attends, though I teach High School and he's in Middle) so we spend a lot of time together as well. I love it! 

We don't actually entertain often, which is why this little party came about. It's nothing really fancy or formal, but it's a nice chance to invite over and thank a few of our friends we don't otherwise have over much and show we appreciate them. 

New Year's Day was a nice day of just hanging out with family. We finished the Star Wars puzzle we started over Christmas, and watched anime, and just hung out.  

Neat! I do really love our school. We've got schools in over 27 states, and are expanding every year. :smile: I love our team of teachers, and the fact we actually work as a team, and not just a bunch of individual departments or individual age groups. Our curriculum is also hands-down better than anything I've seen in our state. What I really love though, is getting to know all of my students one-on-one instead of always in a mass of chaos. I don't have to yell at them, or discipline them, I just get to help them learn! 

I also have at least two students who are huge WoT fans. :wink:

Sounds great! Both of them. :smile: The last movie I went to was my son and I went to see Coco. I'm not a huge fan of "day of the dead" themed things normally, but this was one of the most beautiful and well-written pieces I think Pixar has done (and I love Pixar movies. I'm not putting it above Brave....but then, Merida is basically me, so there is that.) :wink: 

I heard good things about Coco but it's not really my interest. There are so many movies coming out that I want to see. The Commuter, 12 Strong, Red Sparrow, The Leisure Seeker (hope is another On golden Pond and I like Donald Sutherland). I missed Three Billboards. I'll have to see it on video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 10:47 AM, Illian Tear said:

Yea I was at a camp when my parents put him down.

Wow. I'm so sorry. Perhaps they thought it would be easier on you?

My youngest son was six, when our Golden Retriever was ill and need euthanasia. I told my family on Tuesday that we had an appointment for Buddy on Thursday afternoon. My older son slept with him on the tile all night. I took my six year old to school and as I was dropping him off my sweet little boy asked hopefully "will Buddy be there when I get home from school?" One of the hardest things I've ever done to do was reply "no."

Edited by Ryrin

18 hours ago, Illian Tear said:

Yea. It was kind of easier, so that I wouldn't have to remember him being put down 

I think the way we view things can change as we get older and maybe then there is more understanding if not agreement.