Mrs. Cindy Gill

Offline glitches

Hi, delete if I shouldn't be posting this as always but... figured one thread for bugs would be better than a thousand emails.

speaking of emails - no matter what I do I can't stop dm from sending me an email any time a thread I post in gets a new comment.  I've reset notifications several times, and now I've asked for no notifications (not my preference but I wasn't able to get online notifications so... had to try to stop the emails).

this is what my notification preferences looks like after saving 

A8449288-2646-45E0-A263-824EDAFD21AD.png

2915FD6F-1122-4206-AC88-0D0E58036652.png

F36A663D-DA4A-4FF4-BEDB-A99C6EA4375C.png

Not sure if it would make a difference but try removing the thread from your profile photo then Manage Followed Content... might be a different setting if you are following the thread automatically.

8 minutes ago, Nikon said:

Not sure if it would make a difference but try removing the thread from your profile photo then Manage Followed Content... might be a different setting if you are following the thread automatically.

How do I do that?

and thank you.

also it's more than one thread.

Click the profile photo in the upper right then manage followed content... Will check on my phone to see if it is different from the mobile version.

Okay, mobile you tap the three lines in upper right corner then tap Account and choose Manage Followed Content.

You can unfollow a thread there or change the notifications for threads you are already following... think the settings you changed may be going forward and not those threads you already follow... but that is just an assumption.

Untitled 2.jpeg

I will try that thanks :)

meanwhile i I discovered that no matter what I chose for my global preferences, every thread I ever followed including the one I started tonight have default to send me notification of reply, right there in the lower left corner. I'm unchecking them as they pop up, and perhaps I could get them out of the followed content but yikes, that's gonna be a massive undertaking.

in the long run I hope we can get online notifications and successfully opt out of email notifications but this quick fix stopped the flood for now.

37D84D5F-A5C5-4300-9288-3E5502528B4A.png

Edited by cindy

I just removed all the content in my followed content area and didn't get an email :knock on wood: for the last two replies so that seems to be it.  Let us know if that does it for you too or if you still have the issue.

And that page, at least on the PC, has a checkbox to select all at once then unfollow... What I did and I'll just manually follow any threads I need that kind of notification for.

9 minutes ago, Nikon said:

I just removed all the content in my followed content area and didn't get an email :knock on wood: for the last two replies so that seems to be it.  Let us know if that does it for you too or if you still have the issue.

And that page, at least on the PC, has a checkbox to select all at once then unfollow... What I did and I'll just manually follow any threads I need that kind of notification for.

It has the select all for each page of followed threads. I have 161 pages...

lol I'll just do it as they pop up for now and hope we get back to regular notifications.  I'm having a hard time following threads now cause my brain is old.

has there been a limit imposed regarding pms? amount or age?  i seem to be missing some tho their from 10 years or more ago but some of them contained Band info i think.

Also how can i change settings for how they appear? those are kinda hard for me to see like they are   need them wider really

and if im looking for something old the only way ive found to look if i dont know the title is to just keep scrolling down    which takes forever when u have a lot.

I messaged Jason about this yesterday, but I find it concerning that certain members are having their personal information as user names now. Darthe's account is displaying his personal email, and Manbat's account is displaying his real name.

Something else weird for me. The Unread Content and other custom filters are only bringing up stuff on the main boards. I can see unread and new stuff on the sub boards but I can't get it to appear on searches. 

1 hour ago, Ithillian Turambar said:

Something else weird for me. The Unread Content and other custom filters are only bringing up stuff on the main boards. I can see unread and new stuff on the sub boards but I can't get it to appear on searches. 

Yes, it worked ok a few times for me but now it mostly does this and with the notifications not working it's really difficult to keep up

I think I noticed a few of the Band SG threads having that issue too... Not showing in unread content but showing bold on the main page when browsing the forums manually.

So I think I figured it out.  The Admin has disabled the toggle of someone replying to something you follow as just notifications and only email.

image.thumb.png.f7bb371aee9f20e8df86d6ec24572f6b.png

It's the field highlighted pinkish.  When I hover over it the pop-up says "the administrator has disabled this option from being toggled."  Once that is enabled and we can select it under the notification list we should stop receive ridiculous amounts of emails.

On 12/29/2017 at 6:04 PM, thehumantrashcan said:

Once that is enabled and we can select it under the notification list we should stop receive ridiculous amounts of emails.

I toggled that Oscar.  See if that fixes anything on your end.

40 minutes ago, kfullerton said:

Hello, my name is displaying as my RL name. It should be Gudrean =)

Gudrean, you can change your display name.  At the top right corner, click on your name, then "Account Settings."  From there, on the left side, select "Display Name."  You can change it up to 3 times in a 30-day period.  Let me know if that solves the issue.

12 hours ago, Mashiara Sedai said:

Gudrean, you can change your display name.  At the top right corner, click on your name, then "Account Settings."  From there, on the left side, select "Display Name."  You can change it up to 3 times in a 30-day period.  Let me know if that solves the issue.

I tried that but the display name and other details aren't clickable.  =)

7 minutes ago, kfullerton said:

I tried that but the display name and other details aren't clickable.  =)

Hmmm, just looked at it through non-admin settings and you don't have that same option.  I can manually change yours, Gud, and yours too, Cindy, if you let me know what it needs to be.