A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

It says offline

Mrs. Cindy Gill

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Nikon said:

Had a little more time to play with it so relatively used to things by now.

Heh. It's all extremely similar to 17thshard, the Brandon Sanderson fansite. Barely need to adapt to anything. :)

Regarding the points, we're right now running into some problems with the site update, which most importantly includes a table no longer working but instead showing as a bunch of hard-to-read code. We're working on it though, and with some luck we can get everything fixed soon.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:26 AM, Leyrann said:

Heh. It's all extremely similar to 17thshard, the Brandon Sanderson fansite. Barely need to adapt to anything. :)

Regarding the points, we're right now running into some problems with the site update, which most importantly includes a table no longer working but instead showing as a bunch of hard-to-read code. We're working on it though, and with some luck we can get everything fixed soon.

Check out the thread on this in the DM bug board - looks like someone figured it out.

26 minutes ago, Niniel said:

Here. I don´t like this new DM. But I have a hard time adapting to new things in general. (Well, at least when it comes to anything that has to do with computers or phones or anything with buttons.) :D

I have mostly tried to check it out on my phone and it doesn´t work very well. But it could be me. I will have to get used to things before I can get more active here again. 

I don't think anyone's having an easy time with it on the phone.

11 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

I've heard others say it's not good on chrome. I'm on iOS, safari. Really awful on the phone, manageable but not optimal on the tablet.

It's doing fine on the PC with Chrome, only annoying that the posts aren't properly centered because there's a recent posts box at the right which doesn't scroll down. But that's a matter of getting used to.

1 hour ago, Leyrann said:

It's doing fine on the PC with Chrome, only annoying that the posts aren't properly centered because there's a recent posts box at the right which doesn't scroll down. But that's a matter of getting used to.

Yes, most who can use a pc says it's optimized for it.

I think the reasons would be that upvoting goes with downvoting and that leads to jerkery and leaves members without a lot of likes, even without downvoting, feel left out. Maybe it's something else but when I've seen it elsewhere it was like a high school cool kids vs everyone else thing.

Eh, the two other forums I frequent did have a voting system and that worked fine. Though, one of them only has upvotes and is very heavily moderated (which makes for a great community tbh) and the other recently removed downvotes.

By the way, the most annoying thing about the site update: It's the same 'kind' of forum (if that makes sense) as the 17thshard, which means both share the same notification sound. So I'm never sure which forum is calling for attention...