DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Green Ajah Warrior Event] Personal Battles

Cross

It doesn't really matter what kind of life you lead, at one point in time we all are faced with and have to fight our own personal battles. they cover the gambit too, from addictions, to abuses, to health issues, to loss and family problems. mental health, emotional scars you name it. they may not even affect you directly but someone close to you. 

as a result we may all be scarred but for a great many our personal battles become a place to take a stance. to be a warrior for the cause, to stand in when others can no longer stand up. 

so here, here is the place to tell us about your battleground, is there a cause you have taken up? something you donate time or money to? a way in which you contribute back? share it here! share a little background if you feel the need as well. some people are still looking for a way to help out or currently going through something, you never know how your cause may help.

share your passion, share your cause!

Health problems are my current battle. Multiple ones but I'm very fortunate to have good health insurance coverage.

A cause that I fight for, is animal welfare, returning lost animals to their homes, and re-homing animals when they are dumped or abused.

• RP - LEGACY

Physical. Emotional. I am definitely undergoing my own battles right now. Each day brings its own challenges. It is an effort to face each day. But I continue to tell myself that it all does mean something. And having found DM has been a great help in finding such a warm community. There are special ones among you that have helped give me encouragement and words of wisdom that has made my current battles a little easier to face.

Physical. Emotional. I am definitely undergoing my own battles right now. Each day brings its own challenges. It is an effort to face each day. But I continue to tell myself that it all does mean something. And having found DM has been a great help in finding such a warm community. There are special ones among you that have helped give me encouragement and words of wisdom that has made my current battles a little easier to face.

I feel the same. I get lots of support from friends here. My Greens are my family.

I got over the stomach thing and went to the gym. I have to be careful because I have spinal stenosis and a fused neck. The neck is fine, it's the lower back. Anyways, movement is good and lessens pain. I'm in physical therapy too. So, I'm feeling better at this moment. I am on disability so the days are mine. I've decided to focus on myself right now after years of focusing on others. I'm enjoying simple things, tea, soup, snuggling with my animal friends, enjoying Fall, books, the gym, watching football, Netflix, and home cooked dinners at night.

i think that's the key when you're in the midst of a personal battle. and even when you're out of it. that support system. as well as the recognizing both the need for help and the fact that we cannot fight it all ourselves. and its something people dont realize until its often too late. 

i think that's the key when you're in the midst of a personal battle. and even when you're out of it. that support system. as well as the recognizing both the need for help and the fact that we cannot fight it all ourselves. and its something people dont realize until its often too late. 

I went to rehab in 2000 for a cocaine addiction and have 14 years clean and sober by the grace of God and the 12 Steps, and a support system has been crucial in that. Even when I quit cigarettes 11 years ago, I used Quitnet and Quitline, chatting with other people who were quitting and using some of the strategies they employed while both offering and receiving encouragement. It's much easier if you can talk with other people who understand.

• Club Leader

I have fought so many personal battles, but the longest, most intense one was my battle against emotional abuse. Because we shared children, divorcing him was not the end. He continued to try to manipulate and abuse me for many years. I had to learn to bite my tongue and not buy into the game for my own sanity. It broke my heart when he turned on the kids when he could no longer reach me any other way. 

I also fought the nicotine addiction to the point where it almost killed me. I have asthma and I finally quit with the help of Chantix when I could barely walk without having to stop and catch my breath. 

mhmm the emotional toll is often the most lasting and the most scarring. and i think its something a lot of people who havent experienced it discount or are unaware of. over a period of several years i was the victim of as my lawyer called it sexual harassment at its worst. and it becomes almost entirely a mental game, mental survival. a fight other people just dont see and arent aware of. the mental aspect i believe is where we all become warriors, its the real battleground. to either take the attack or for defenses, fight back and be whole. 

and the mental battles go with EVERY kind of problem we may face, be it physical or emotional, addictive or scarring. the mental wear and tear of long term physical problems, the doubts that surface with them, the mental struggle against addictions and the affects. etc etc. for me personal battles almost always boil down to mental battles with yourself. 

in that vein, what was your turning point? have you recognized your battleground? how have you combated it?

• Elgee locked this topic