DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Crackpot theories

szilard

If you have any, please, share it with us!

1. WOT is a reality show - that's why Shara is so mystic, because the production company takes up the most of the region
2. Tel'aran'rhiod is the real reality - Randland is just a projection
3. Tel'aran'rhiod is where the souls live  (RJ on one occasion used the term "the supply of souls awaiting rebirth")
4. Tel'aran'rhiod is the inside of Rand's head (his brain), the dreams are the neurons

1. Birgitte is an unreliable narrator, and gunpowder had been used for weaponry long ago.  Due to the fact that she was here in the flesh, she could not recall it.

2. Birgitte is an unreliable narrator, and gunpowder has never been used for weaponry long ago.  However, because the WoT is cyclical, technically, this statement is false.

3. Robert Jordan experienced a series of flashbacks from a previous life, is the current incarnation of the Dragon Reborn and wrote of a time many wheel passings ago, as to end this Age.  As such, he cannot perfectly finish his description of his previous life and had to die prior to finishing to ascertain a 'corrupted' version from Brandon Sanderson.

4. Balefired people's essences scatter into the pattern to combine with others essences to make new souls that are agglomerations of their previous souls.

5. Balefired people experience Groundhog's Day until the Pattern can sort out the hiccup in their thread's journey through the Age Lace.

6. The Aes Sedai who swore on the Oath Rod multiple times (Pevara, Seaine, etc) will die much more quickly than their counterparts who only took the Three Oaths. (They've compounded their Oaths)

7. Hopper will be reborn as a human instead of a wolf.

I believe that sabio wrote this one a few years ago,rand is still touching the portal stone,attempting to reach toman head,everything that happens between the great hunt chapter 37 and the last book is part of rand's visions...flicker...

My post here is also part of rand's visions...flicker...

I still would of loved it had RJ of done that,

• 2 months later...

8. Egwene will become tied to the Horn of Valere for her actions in this life, just as Noam/Jain Farstrider did.

9. Cadsuane will tell Moirainne of Rand's survival (I STILL think she should have been the one to see him ride off at the end).

10. Cadsuane will refuse the Stole and Seat for a second time, and endorse Moirraine who will take up the stole, reappointing Leane as her Keeper of the Chronicles.

11. Rand al'Thor used the Black Tower to lure the Forsaken there.  Making a battalion of male channeled was not about making weapons for a physical fight, but a metaphorical one to get a Forsaken overplay their hand and turn it on him. 

Rand would have annihilated the BT before the successfully split (or so he thought). Or he would have a bunch fighters for the Last Battle, after he cleansed the source. However, he knowingly consigned those men to torture, madness, and death.

"My hands are black with blood! And damned". He thought to himself. This is why.
Edited by Maedelin

On 2017. október 23. at 5:24 PM, jack of shadows said:

I believe that sabio wrote this one a few years ago,rand is still touching the portal stone,attempting to reach toman head,everything that happens between the great hunt chapter 37 and the last book is part of rand's visions...flicker...

My post here is also part of rand's visions...flicker...

Sabio, I kiss the ground before you.

Our book club took umbrage at me forgetting this theory (they posted it 4-5 times on DM at least, not to mention others on different boards). Still, this does not diminish Sabio's independent idea, and I'm grateful that this theory resurfaced again via jack of shadows.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:57 AM, Maedelin said:

1. Birgitte is an unreliable narrator, and gunpowder had been used for weaponry long ago.  Due to the fact that she was here in the flesh, she could not recall it.

2. Birgitte is an unreliable narrator, and gunpowder has never been used for weaponry long ago.  However, because the WoT is cyclical, technically, this statement is false.

3. Robert Jordan experienced a series of flashbacks from a previous life, is the current incarnation of the Dragon Reborn and wrote of a time many wheel passings ago, as to end this Age.  As such, he cannot perfectly finish his description of his previous life and had to die prior to finishing to ascertain a 'corrupted' version from Brandon Sanderson.

4. Balefired people's essences scatter into the pattern to combine with others essences to make new souls that are agglomerations of their previous souls.

5. Balefired people experience Groundhog's Day until the Pattern can sort out the hiccup in their thread's journey through the Age Lace.

6. The Aes Sedai who swore on the Oath Rod multiple times (Pevara, Seaine, etc) will die much more quickly than their counterparts who only took the Three Oaths. (They've compounded their Oaths)

7. Hopper will be reborn as a human instead of a wolf.

Oh, man!  Number 5 would really be unpleasant!

• 11 months later...

This one might be a bit dark, but was not done with malice.  I was reflecting over my own trials with these very thoughts and wondered about how some people suffer from chronic depression...and then my mind went nutso with this thought:

12. Those who suffer from depression, anxiety, and the like, along with their increased suicide rate is because their souls were reborn in this a without a body that can access the Power.  They then act as if they were severed, and so to them, life seems to have far less meaning.  Their souls were just born at the wrong time.

I took from this the ideas about being gentled/stilled and how when Aran'gar/Osan'gar were put into those bodies.  As Osan'gar ruminated over their changes (Aran'gar was furious at that time if you recall) in these new bodies he specified that only certain vessels would do.  I took to interpret that as they needed bodies that could allow them to channel though as Lanfear said in AMoL that channeling is a thing of the soul.  

For whatever reason, thinking of my own diagnosis of depression, this helped me to feel better.

Edited by Maedelin