DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

OUCH!!! My Eyeballs!!!

LedZepMan

Technically I had PRK done. Lasik they slit your epithelium, blast away, then fold it back down and let it heal.

PRK they completely remove the epithelium then blast away, then let it regrow.

What kind of monster procedure are you talkin boot Shad?

Do they just put a corrective lens in your eye permanently?

Edited by LedZepMan

I think I had my terms backwards then. What you're calling Lasik is what I was thinking of.

I have this vision of getting hit in the back of the head and the front half of my eyeball falling out

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol. It only took about ten-fifteen minutes. And whatever numbing agent they use is sweet. I felt nothing

I just got contacts for the first time since 2001.

I also haven't had an eye exam since 2000.  I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it this year except my glasses broke right before I needed to leave for work on Tuesday, and my hand was forced.

Apparently I'm officially old and need bifocals.  :sad:

Yeah, the two days after PRK are rough, and you will probably have headaches due to occasional blurring for the first month. That was my experience at least :D

I will also say it was totally a million percent worth it :P

I actually have had no problems. Vision is slightly blurry, but not as bad as it once was. No pain at all today, and yesterday was very mild.. I even drove 3 hours today cuz I forgot my friends wedding was today.

I just got contacts for the first time since 2001.

I also haven't had an eye exam since 2000. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it this year except my glasses broke right before I needed to leave for work on Tuesday, and my hand was forced.

Apparently I'm officially old and need bifocals. :sad:

At least they aren't tri-focals. That's good right?