The Way of Kings

Leyrann

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, yeah, I had a working system. Posted it. Next morning, some random person randomly throws out "what if the Orders of the Knights Radiant can be divided into three groups?" (in an unrelated thread, it should be noted)

I think about it for a few minutes. I have a good look at my explanation for Surgebinding. Yup. They can. And I made some mistakes. *goes off to work on the system some more*

Edited by Leyrann

My parents got Oathbringer two weeks early... Originally, I wasn't really planning on visiting them this weekend.

Now, I'm going there as soon as I can. Let's see if I can read the whole book in one weekend (though otherwise I'm taking it with me, kidnapping it if needed).

Also, the Theory of Identity is my first own Cosmere theory (except my within-one-day-outdated Surgebinding theory). Now working on a revisitation of Surgebinding, though I'm also kinda trying to hold off on it as I saw someone reference to "every Surge being part of a pair" and I want to know why he considers them such.

Ahhhhhhhhhh one week until Oathbringer!

I just finished the end of Part 1 via the preview chapters on Tor.com...

So. Excited.

Mwahaha we got it early. I've already read it. It's the best book I've ever read, no book even comes close. That includes A Memory of Light.

• 1 month later...

Well, I finished it in under a week (had to actually go to work and be a responsible adult for most of that time).

There was one particular point that had me literally sit up straight and exclaim aloud "OH $@#% YEAH!!!!!!" :unsure:

Great book.  I had to pop onto 17th Shard for the first time in about 4 years to lurk in some of the discussion threads.  And then proceeded to do a full reread of all 3 Stormlight Archive books.  And then start back at Mistborn 1 just for grins.  I wanted to read Bands of Mourning before I get to Arcanum Unbounded (because I was told there would be spoilers).

1 minute ago, Ashaman Leyrann Gaidin said:

You are on the 17th Shard? What's your username?

By the way, I wrote this post-Oathbringer scene that people might like. Contains Oathbringer spoilers (obviously):

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/63494-ob-write-a-scene-for-the-one-year-gap/?page=2#comment-654426

Songstress.  (Same as it is here, although with the DM9 update my display name changed, as did several others.)  I posted there last in January of 2012. :unsure:  Guess I can't manage to stay active on more than one forum at a time. :laugh:

Just now, songstress7 said:

Songstress.  (Same as it is here, although with the DM9 update my display name changed, as did several others.)  I posted there last in January of 2012. :unsure:  Guess I can't manage to stay active on more than one forum at a time. :laugh:

That explains why I didn't see you around... Did you see me though? I was quite active, mostly the two weeks after release.

Also I'm gonna try to balance three forums now. :)

Oh absolutely.  As soon as I hopped on the Oathbringer spoiler forum, I spotted you.

I've been lurking quietly, reading a lot but not comfortable offering opinions just now.  

I may start posting there again after I finish my Mistborn series reread + Bands of Mourning + Arcanum though.  Maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found my favorite line in "The Way of Kings" right now: page  275 in the paperback version "Sadeas flushed, but kept his temper. 'A whore joke, Wit? Is that the best you can manage?' Wit shrugged. ' I point out truths when I see them, Bright-lord Sadeas. Each man has his place. Mine is to make insults. Yours is to be in-sluts.'"

I laughed out loud when I read this.

• 2 weeks later...