Sign in to follow this  
SinisterDeath

Dragonmount & Verizon's McAfee Security

I figured out today that Dragonmount is triggering my Verizon mobile phones McAfee internet security, blocking it as unsafe. I can by-pass it several ways. (Inconvenient)

The reason McAfee is blocking Dragonmount as an unsafe website, has nothing to do with DM being unsafe, and everything with McAfee blanket blocking every website that isn't well known. Like say Facebook, or CNET. 

I think the only thing that can remedy it is for the site owner (Jason) or tech to contact McAfee & IPBoard about getting this remedied. Can't be having people think DM is an unsafe website, can we? :wink:

I have a Verizon phone with no issues getting in here.

Does yours have the "Security & Privacy" app that comes pre-installed on a lot of newer phones, and if so, is your 'web security' turned on?

I don't use McAfee or Norton.

They are all worse than the viruses they claim to protect you from.

Thing about Verizon phones, you don't really get much of a choice. They bundle it on there so it's not like I'm purposely installing those programs. :wink:

I have a Verizon phone with no issues getting in here.

Does yours have the "Security & Privacy" app that comes pre-installed on a lot of newer phones, and if so, is your 'web security' turned on?

Sorry. I just saw this.

I don't see it anywhere.