DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New member of Wheel .

SvilarNikola

Hi all , i m Nikola , and  i really like to read fantasy , and i was thinking about to start to read A Whell of Time series and i m little bit afraid , not because of number of books , but because of that other author is finished series , i never read some series which other author has finished , so i want to ask should i be afraid or Brandon has done good job with ending the books ? 
Sry for my non perfect english . 

It is worth finishing. Brandon did some things very well and fell short at some other things. He wrote some characters well and some not very well, but Jordan wasn't perfect, either. Overall, it is still a wonderful story, and it's worth reading through to the end.

Robert Jordan left an outline and extensive notes for Brandon to work with, and Jordan wrote the ending before he died as well as several other scenes, and almost every scrap that Jordan wrote has been included in the published volumes, so it's not like he has no part in the series after Knife of Dreams; Jordan wrote parts of each of the last three books.

I'll tell you what. If you read the first two books and don't want to finish, I'll tell you what happens so that you don't waste the time you spent on the first two books, but if you read the first two and want to finish, you read them all, okay? It's a long story; give it two books as a reasonable start, and then decide if you want to finish. 

Edited by Gentled Ben

Welcome! I was hooked after the 3rd chapter of the first book.

The chapter where Moiraine told the people of Emond's Field about Manetheren convinced me to finish the book, but I didn't commit to finishing the series until the end of The Great Hunt. At that point, I had to find out how this was all going to play out.

It is worth finishing. Brandon did some things very well and fell short at some other things. He wrote some characters well and some not very well, but Jordan wasn't perfect, either. Overall, it is still a wonderful story, and it's worth reading through to the end.

Robert Jordan left an outline and extensive notes for Brandon to work with, and Jordan wrote the ending before he died as well as several other scenes, and almost every scrap that Jordan wrote has been included in the published volumes, so it's not like he has no part in the series after Knife of Dreams; Jordan wrote parts of each of the last three books.

I'll tell you what. If you read the first two books and don't want to finish, I'll tell you what happens so that you don't waste the time you spent on the first two books, but if you read the first two and want to finish, you read them all, okay? It's a long story; give it two books as a reasonable start, and then decide if you want to finish. 

I never knew much about this series so this is big help for me , thank you :D , i will try for sure first 2 books , maybe even 3 and i will post my progress here . Thank you again .

I never knew much about this series so this is big help for me , thank you :D , i will try for sure first 2 books , maybe even 3 and i will post my progress here . Thank you again .

I'll look forward to hearing about your progress! :smile: