DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Overwatch

Nolder

• 1 month later...

The cheating in this game is just unreal on Xbox.

Almost every game has 2 or 3 aimbotters and who knows how many people wallhack.

I love this game but I don't think I can stand it much longer if the cheating doesn't let up.

Kind of hoping the report system will do something but my hopes are not high.

Weird, I encounter almost none of this on the PC. Never seen a wall hack, maybe three or four people I suspected of aim botting and they were all playing Hanzo, so they might have just been good and lucky.

I wonder if it's just a platform issue or if I just don't see it because I do quickplay instead of competitive.

Yeah Hanzo is really hard to tell because he has that hitbox issue with his arrows and also he deals so much damage you can't really tell if the guy is just getting lucky shots or not.

One way you can tell if someone is aimbotting is if they are getting Ults way too quick.

I played one game recently where I got killed by a D.Va bomb on Junkertown at the final push on defense, respawned, and got killed by a D.Va bomb immediately after exiting my spawn.

That's, what, like 20-40 seconds to respawn and get out of spawn? No way. I call shenanigans.

Maybe it's a platform thing because quickplay and comp are both saturated with cheaters on Xbox.

• Community Administrator

It seems odd to me that cheating is even that prevalent on the Xbox considering how much harder it is to actually cheat on a console compared to the PC.... on the other side, it's probably harder to get caught since they have less anti-cheating software built in on the console versions...

Edited by SinisterDeath

Well apparently there are two kinds of aimbots, there is one that you'd think of first which is that it snaps to your head and gets nothing but crits.

Then there's also this "sticky" one where you are still kind of aiming but something to do with the player silhouette or whatever makes them really "sticky" so it is extremely easy to follow someone's movements.

For example you know how a Genji jumping around right in front of you can be very hard to hit? Not for these people, once the aim is "stuck" on Genji it will follow his movements like you are predicting where he will go.

These types of aimbotters usually play McCree I've noticed. They don't pop you in the head every shot...but they don't ever miss a shot either.

Apparently Blizzard has said they can't really do anything about the "sticky" aimbotting because it looks too much like an actual player.

You'll nab a lot of legitimately good players if you just ban anyone who doesn't miss a shot with McCree you know?

And I understand that but at the same time I am on the verge of quitting this game for good.

I've definitely seen the most bewildering accuracy play out of Hanzos and McCrees.  I could see that going down in front of me a lot and never knowing it.

But a lot of that is McCree is my worst character and Hanzo's aim markers are visually impaired, so I just don't get how some people can be so good on the former and the latter naturally tends to look bogus on replay.  I've had a few Hanzo PotGs that leave me shaking my own head, so I know it sometimes just happens, and I'm not particularly good with him.

Still, it's never noticeably impaired my ability to play the game.  Once every couple nights you run into one fishy player and they're gone in a game or two.

Prevalence on the XBox has to have some sort of technical explanation.  My instinct is to assume anything on a PC is more easily broken, but maybe for the people who know what they're doing the XBox is just a lot more exploitable.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...