DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game thread]: WoT Kids Mafia

Niniel

It seemed more aggro than curious. But okay. i get headaches a lot myself, so I get being off in that way.

And yeah, i have played mafia a lot. And it's good to know your level of experience. Were you town the previous game and how did you fair in it? Have you been mentored before? cause you mentioned solo... so i'm assuming you have. If so who mentored you?

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A vote for me already? Really?

So what did I do this time? Willing to critique me and point out my wolfish behaviour, or do I not exhibit any, and this is an attempt to eliminate a possible town because you are mafia?

I already have a headache this morning and thinking about mafia does not help. But hey, it's fun.

Taking into consideration your replies... why did you ask the above, then? "this time" implies this isn't the first time this happens. That's why I asked for specifics of the previous games you were in. Trying to understand why you'd phrase it this way.

• RP - LEGACY

I was voted and accused of being mafia in my last game. Never really got an explanation as to why I was voted except that I voted later and joined in on a bandwagon.

Just trying to find out if action, wording, phrasing had given clues or something.

Playing mafia is certainly a bit stressful as you are suspicious of others and anxious about how you yourself are perceived, or at least that's my thought. It can be fun too, but just constantly feeling like I have to be wary of what I do or say, or how I say it. Current conversation a good example. What I said had implications I hadn't considered or intended.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing everything.

I was voted and accused of being mafia in my last game. Never really got an explanation as to why I was voted except that I voted later and joined in on a bandwagon.

Just trying to find out if action, wording, phrasing had given clues or something.

Playing mafia is certainly a bit stressful as you are suspicious of others and anxious about how you yourself are perceived, or at least that's my thought. It can be fun too, but just constantly feeling like I have to be wary of what I do or say, or how I say it. Current conversation a good example. What I said had implications I hadn't considered or intended.

you were voted and accused of being scum.... in a game where you were scum. So it was justified on some level, reasoning aside. Sounds like it was voting analysis based.

You're also wondering if there's something you did that gave clues... are you talking about this game? if so the question is odd because it sounds like you're curious if you did something that clued me in,,,,, If that is the case.... lol 

Night, Ben. Headed to bed myself shortly. Morning comes way too soon.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you too.

Thank you, and a belated good night. I hope today is good for both of us, although having read further, I see you have a headache. I almost made a WoT joke about that, as Egwene develops headaches in the series, but you aren't that far along yet. I'd tell you to read faster so that I can make jokes, but you have a headache, so reading is probably not the best thing right now. :mellow:

Now this is kinda wolfy, at least to me. Wolves tend to worry a lot about how they sound and whether or not they are being consistent throughout the game, so their posts can sound contrived and overly thought-out, and it's because of this type of reasoning, I understand that it can work both ways, because it's really frustrating to play town and have people accuse you of being a wolf, especially when you end up in the dead thread and see that they too, were town, but this whole post sounds like "Help me be a better wolf, please," when really, all of the votes right now are just to get things started, get people talking, and see some reactions.

• RP - LEGACY

As I said, this game promotes suspicion and analysis, be it for good or bad. Going to try to have fun with it.

I'm more curious in the general sense if certain actions, words, phrases, tetc are viewed as town versus mafia. Is a particular word choice more likely to scream mafia, intended or not.

I could say that I'm town, and it could be the truth, but with the nature of the game, it could be a lie, and even making the statement can be viewed a certain way. I am not making any claim of anything at the moment, just giving an example, so please don't read anything into it one way or the other. And by saying that, it can be viewed a certain way. See what I mean?

I'm just curious if there are certain indicators you have learned during your game experience. A d obviously if you cannot discuss here and now, perhaps you would consider a conversation after the game, with whatever results come.

I didn't realize that everything was completely random in mafia, so in my first game, I assumed that I had been withheld from consideration as scum. I mean, why take a brand new player and make them scum? It seemed intuitively obvious that playing scum added an extra layer of stress to the game because you have to lie the whole time, and for a new player who is trying to figure it out, it seemed absurd to lay that additional condition on them, and so I stated that I was town and couldn't be mafia because it was my very first game, as it seemed obvious to me that the mod wouldn't make me a wolf right away, and they all piled on me for it and started accusing me of being a wolf, and being disingenuous, and all but insulting their intelligence for saying such a stupid thing, and I was really freaked out by it, because that seemed like the least-wolfy thing that I could have possibly said, so I understand. 

But I still think you're a wolf. :tongue:

I'm just curious if there are certain indicators you have learned during your game experience. A d obviously if you cannot discuss here and now, perhaps you would consider a conversation after the game, with whatever results come.

We can talk post game

• RP - LEGACY

Complete honesty can be twisted in this game.

Still beginning of this game, and I will shake my head with the awe of how much can be read into a single post.

(Offers a mischievous grin.) And I'm sure everyone will read something into that as well.

As I said, I could say I am not a wolf, but it seems early in the game to lay claim, and you will obviously read something into it.

Perhaps mafia is not the best game for someone you prefer to say what they mean mean what they say, and keep things sweet and simple.

Mafia is like an onion with so many layers. And like the onion, there are times I want to cry.

Still beginning of this game, and I will shake my head with the awe of how much can be read into a single post.

(Offers a mischievous grin.) And I'm sure everyone will read something into that as well.

As I said, I could say I am not a wolf, but it seems early in the game to lay claim, and you will obviously read something into it.

Perhaps mafia is not the best game for someone you prefer to say what they mean mean what they say, and keep things sweet and simple.

Mafia is like an onion with so many layers. And like the onion, there are times I want to cry.

Early on when there isn't much to go by, reading into little things is the only way to get the game going. Sometimes it's silly stuff. Sometimes it's done just to gauge reactions and it isn't necessarily significant in itself. And sometimes you might actually be on to something. Regardless the gist of it is to get people talking, taking stances, giving opinions and so on.

What's exactly stressing you out right now?

• RP - LEGACY

Most stress is real life related.

Right now my game stressed is Ben. Why do you think I'm wolf?

Seriously though, I think I'm going to have to just keep things as simple as possible. As you said it's early in the game, and with little to go on, folks will use the smallest thing to influence their opinion of a player in the game.

Just wanted to apologize for the initial morning post. And thank you for the conversation. My head still hurts, but trying to be a bit more focused and aware of how things can be interpreted.

Yeah, the game really intrigues me.

But I still think you're a wolf. :tongue:

why?

I don't necessarily. That's why I posted the tongue emoji with it. It's still too early to get a reasonable read on anyone, but her asking questions about why you voted for her and how she can do better is exactly what a newbie wolf would be thinking, so I am not ruling her out as scum, but since it is also what a new townie would be thinking, I am not ruling her out as town. I do like that your vote and my comments are generating a lot of activity and reaction, though. I have more to go on from her and from you than I do from anyone else so far, so hurray for progress.