DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL Discussion

RandA lThor

I was a Pats fan as a kid because they played a lot of games in the snow. /shrug

I think it's human nature to pick a side if you're going to watch a sport in the first place. It just becomes highly individualized if there's no local default. You have a relative from a town. You got into the sport when a certain team was really good at it. Your dad liked a particular team for whatever reason so you grew up watching them the most.  etc

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Texas during the height of the Cowboys championship run, so I fell towards them and have stuck with it since. Even through the Quincy Carter years.

Living in San Diego now I’ve tried to open up to the Chargers as a local, but you know how that goes :tongue: it’s hard to even casually root for a team that has such an awful front office and wanted so badly to move to a new city that doesn’t even care about the original team that moved back there.

This is about as bad as the Osweiler deal. You’re a rebuilding team with 5 years to prove yourself and you trade away a future 2nd rounder for an unproven backup with an expiring rookie contract? Idiots. If you wanted to sell out $$$ for a QB why not wait for Cousins to hit the market and the end of this season? He’s at least proven and has history with Shanahan.

Okay, initial reaction aside, this wasn't such a bad move by the 9ers. Jimmy isn't going to step in and suddenly take them out of contention for a top 1-2 pick this upcoming draft (unless he's Joe Montana and Steve Young wrapped up into one) and thus they basically get a free 8-week test run on the guy before his contract expires. They can then decide to either pay up or let him walk, and all they lose is a future 2nd rounder they wouldn't have normally had anyway. (I learned afterwards that they had two 2nd round picks for 2018)

And this is why, ladies and gents, you do your research before blabbering on the internet lol :blush:

Edited by Andrej

Lynch is either a genius and I failed to recognize it without closer consideration, or I’m giving them way more credit than they deserve and this is just a knee jerk reaction to going 0-8 with both of your QBs sucking :tongue:

But really, this move has a ton of implications. The team is still bad enough that getting a new QB doesn’t suddenly make you a contender, and you get a real view on a guy who theoretically would be one of the big QB free agents before that happens. If he works out, and you still hold a top 3 pick, you can sign him and then use that draft capital to reel in a team that wants to sell the future for a Darnold/Rosen/etc pick. Or you can just let him walk and then still get the pick of the litter amongst QB prospects in the draft. Or sign him and still draft a QB. Really a ton of options.

I was looking for a free Kelvin Benjamin, heard there were free Kelvin Benjamins here. Can someone point me in the right direction for a free Kelvin Benjamin?

I got two sauces with my Chick fil a today - one barbecue, one Buffalo.  I only used the barbecue.  I completely forgot buffalo was an option.

In case you needed any proof that I was smarter than the Panthers front office.

I was looking for a free Kelvin Benjamin, heard there were free Kelvin Benjamins here. Can someone point me in the right direction for a free Kelvin Benjamin?

Hmmm, looks like I just got one.

And the 9ers just officially made their first mistake in rebuild and once again the Pats rob someone.

If karma exists Brady will break his hip this weekend.

I wouldn't mind if something happened to Brady this season. Nothing to affect his quality of life longterm, just enough to knock him out for the year. Or even three or four games.