DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My sister died

Elgee

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so sorry for your loss. *hugs* I'm sure this a difficult time for you and your family; if you need distraction or an ear you know we're all here for you.

cant say much more than that. my deepest sympathies, you and your family have my prayers

Thank you, all.

My sister is being cremated tomorrow morning at 8:30. On the one hand I'm angry that we can't be there (my mother, my remaining sisters, and I), but on the other hand I'm glad to be spared that. The idea is freaking me out.

I don't think I could ever be prepared for loosin my brother or sister. No matter the amount of time to 'prepare'. I cannot express how sorry I am, Ma. I wish there was something I could say to help but I know there isn't. I'll be here to help as best I can though. I can give you that at least. 

Maybe try not to think too much about the cremation process. She's not in her body anymore. And yeah, in a way, it's being spared. I remember when they handed me the box that contained my mother, and I was stuck there carrying it around, clutching it to my chest in stunned grief, wanting so desperately to exchange it for the real thing while being terrified that I'd drop it. 

You're still in my prayers, too. Maybe the rest of you can and should still gather when you can, even if the ashes aren't there. You probably need to grieve together and comfort one another. Let this draw you closer together, bury little petty things between you forever.

That means a lot to me, Ben.

And thank you to everyone else. I read all your posts and I really appreciate them. Love you guys.

We're having a service at our house on Saturday for those who couldn't be at the one in Easts London. That would be most of the family, who're all down here.

It went well, actually. It was just immediate family and a few cousins. We made her favourite foods and the things she used to bake often, we ate, and we reminisced about her and the family. We remembered the good times and the fun things we did.

It went well, actually. It was just immediate family and a few cousins. We made her favourite foods and the things she used to bake often, we ate, and we reminisced about her and the family. We remembered the good times and the fun things we did.

I was going to ask about that.  You think she would have liked that? I would.