DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My sister died

Elgee

We had to break the news yesterday (Saturday) to my mom (who's turning 91 in 2 months time) that my one sister has an extremely rare and aggressive form of cancer. It started in the one lung, but has spread to her liver, neck and brain. Her one eye is completely closed (the eyelid wont open). She has been given 3 months to live, without chemo. She's chosen the chemo, and just completed the 1st course (3 days). She will have 3 days of treatment every 3 weeks, from now until sometime in December - if she lives that long. The survival rate with chemo isn't very high either.

I just want you to know, as I can't say what my activity levels are going to be like from day to day.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness! 

*hugs Elgee*

That's terrible! 

Take the time you need to stay strong through this, and you know where you can find me or others if you need to talk or just relax and be distracted for a moment. 

<3

-hugs the tightest- I'm so so sorry to hear this. Just know that we're all here for you if you need us, and we absolutely understand if you need to take time. I had to go through this struggle with my stepfather last year, and I'm sure there's others here with similar stories. We are all here for you. -hugs agin-

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this sad news, Elgee. Please try and be strong in such a dark and emotional time such as this. It's never easy and I know all too well how difficult and distressing dealing with sick loved ones can be. I wish you all the best and my heart and prayers go out to you and your entire family. *hugs tight*

Edited by Eclipse

Oh my goodness, Elg I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your mum handles the news alright, I know you have been taking care of her too. This is a lot to handle all at once, please don't forget that your health is important too.

I love you bunches, and I hope this treatment helps your sister. Keep us updated when you can.

*hugs*

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how hard this must be for your sister, you and your family.

I wish you the best :sad:

And again, if there's anything we can do, don't hesitate

Elgee, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. All of you will be in my prayers. *hugs*

With her chemo treatment (Tx) do they send her home with a bag/pouch that allows the chemo to be administered over those 3 days? That's what my dad has. He gets it on Mondays and they remove it Wednesdays. 

Thank you very very much, everyone. Your support means the world to me!

Dar, I think she has to go in every time but not sure. They're quite near the hospital. She knows everyone there anyway, as she used to be a paramedic and then a trainer for paramedics.

She was a trained radiographer - she actually worked with Chris Barnard and his team in the years just after he did the first heart transplant.

i'll be keeping you, yoursis amd the family in prayer. and just echoing everyones sentiments, be sure you take some ti e for yourself through this as well. i know how much a toll this takes on family, cherish the little things, take the breaths inbetween, and hold fast.