DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

August Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

Chatter.jpg

Any last minute plans for August? We are going to the lake again next weekend and planning a day trip to the coast.

Work has begun! The first two days of August have been entirely teacher meetings (which is actually fun because the school I work for has awesome faculty and they feed us well during in-service days!). So the week-and-a-half before classes start will be prepping for the year and doing last minute house projects. However, I also have to bake a cake this week for the twins' (my youngest niece and nephew) birthday on Saturday. Doing a Little Golden Books themed cake. 

I do! The Wilton classes (which are generally what they offer at Joann's) are awesome. :smile: I'm mostly self-taught, but I bought their books and I like to experiment! I play mostly in buttercream (mostly because I think fondant tastes disgusting and I almost never get requests for it). I want to play with it more from an artistic standpoint though. :biggrin: 

I recommend Joann's classes. They're fun and you learn stuff, too. 

Of course, promoting classes is what I do for a living. lol

Is that how they spell "Joann's?" My middle name is "Joann."

I do! The Wilton classes (which are generally what they offer at Joann's) are awesome. :smile: I'm mostly self-taught, but I bought their books and I like to experiment! I play mostly in buttercream (mostly because I think fondant tastes disgusting and I almost never get requests for it). I want to play with it more from an artistic standpoint though. :biggrin:

I'm just amazed of the artistic talent of cake decorating.

Yes! That is how they spell JoAnn. My mother spells it exactly the same way. :biggrin: We always joke that the store is 'hers' and has her name on it (my brother's name is Jared, so we also joke that he owns Jared Jewelery. :wink: ). 

I recommend Joann's classes. They're fun and you learn stuff, too. 

Of course, promoting classes is what I do for a living. lol

Is that how they spell "Joann's?" My middle name is "Joann."

Edited by LadyWordsmith

I was at the lake again yesterday. It soothes my soul. I spent most of the time in the water, surrounded by giant trees.

Got lots of chores done today and I'm exhausted, but in a good kind of way. It's very hot.

I'm going to try and get into the pool in about an hour.

Something terrible happened at work today. I sat on a Hershey's Milk Chocolate Kiss and I was wearing tan pants.  :laugh: I think it was at the end of the day. I hope.

• 2 weeks later...