DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lets pretend I have a very original clever title

Nebulae

I hate Elayne! She is by far my least-favorite character. I dislike all of the Trakands, but most especially Elayne. I liked Lan and Moiraine from the start. I didn't care much for Egwene until she hung out with Perrin in the woods for awhile. I liked Elayne in the first book, when we first met her, and I liked some scattered chapters here and there, especially when travelling with Nynaeve, because I enjoyed the humorous contrast in their POVs, like each thinking that the other one throws their elbows around a lot when they sleep, but mostly, I hate her, especially when

contrasted with Egwene in the final book. I almost threw aMoL across the room when the Horn was blown.

/rant I don't think that was too spoilery, but better tag it just in case. :unsure:

Mat is my second favorite character. Egwene overtook him somewhere between Salidar and TGS. Honey in the Tea, in KoD, might have been the eclipsing chapter, but I'm not sure. Mat might have retaken the lead if Sanderson hadn't written him like the juvenile scamp he was in book 1. I thought he ruined his character arc, but no one is perfect, and his Perrin pleased me greatly, so I was polite to him when I met him instead of scolding him for mistakes that can no longer be corrected. :tongue:

I didn't really like Nynaeve that well the first time I read the series, but she has grown on me since then, and I am greatly enjoying her chapters right now, in LoC, where I am about 1/3 of the way through on my 3rd reread. 

Edited by Gentled Ben

haha you dont like rand? I honestly started liking him around the end of book two, but hes more of a character you have to grow towards. great character development over the course of the entire series. 

He is rude, disrespectful, belligerent, and he needed more slapping from Cadsuane, and she needed to start it a book earlier. Veins of Gold was good, and the climax of the series was good. He treated Tam poorly. I'm not sure he apologized to anyone ever that wasn't one of his wives. Zen Rand was an improvement other than being too arrogant to explain himself to Egwene and dressing Cadsuane down, although to be fair, Sanderson had no understanding of Cadsuane's character and wrote her terribly, so in that context, she needed to be put in check. The character arc was a good one, but to me, he wasn't that likable after The Shadow Rising.

I did not like Walt either, but I still thought Breaking Bad was a wonderful show. The Wheel of Time is my favorite story, and I have never groaned when seeing that it's another Rand chapter like I have with Elayne, Faile, and for awhile, Perrin, but that doesn't make him a pleasant character. I don't like Katniss Everdeen either, but she's realistic (just like Rand), and The Hunger Games was a great story (I liked the movies, too). 

So yeah, not a huge Rand fan, but I love the story. 

Edited by Gentled Ben

Welcome, Niblet!

And let's be careful, everyone else, for spoilers, especially in her Intro thread.

Niblet, if you don't want spoilers, avoid the book discussion board. I do highly recommend the social boards, like the White Tower and Band of the Red Hand. Please do stop in and get to know us all.

Now, now, Nyn . . . Egwene has always been one of my favorite characters. Not my absolute favorite, but one of my favorites. Does that mean you don't love me any more? LOL!

• 2 months later...