DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Summer Food

Ryrin

daf496a43df1328cc47363a7412ea5b0--vanill             

Do you have any particular foods you enjoy in summer? Or something that you would like to try?                  

I really want to try some grilled fruits. Like fruit kabobs with a citrus and brown sugar sauce.

Love ice cream, James.

Lily, do add any seasonal foods?

I love fresh berries! Raspberries in particular, but blueberries and blackberries too. We have several berry farms in the state. :biggrin: I like that more of my favorite fruits and vegetables are in-season (and cheaper and better quality). 

I tend to eat more cold-meals in the summer, when it's hot and I don't want to do as much cooking (salads, my rainbow salad (an alternate to tabouli with less oil and way more veggies). In the winter, I tend to stew all my veggies in things. Cold sandwiches seem to happen more in the summer than winter for me too. 

We do to Lady. Lots of salads, lettuce, taco, pasta, as well as sandwiches.  Love berries. We've been eating lots of blueberries.

We eat later when it's hot.  Do you find yourselves eating later in the day?

• Club Leader

I really want to try some grilled fruits. Like fruit kabobs with a citrus and brown sugar sauce.

Love ice cream, James.

Lily, do add any seasonal foods?

Not really. We might get some watermelon once or twice, but that's about it. 

Our food schedule is based more on when my husband gets home from work (sometimes his shift changes), and weekly events. We tend to eat between 7-8pm most nights anyway. The earliest is 6. 

We do to Lady. Lots of salads, lettuce, taco, pasta, as well as sandwiches.  Love berries. We've been eating lots of blueberries.

We eat later when it's hot.  Do you find yourselves eating later in the day?