DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mother's on the March

Elgee

Tomorrow, 7 April, I will be marching in protest against our corrupt president, government, and ruling political party (the ANC).

As the ANC Youth League and several other pro-ANC bodies have threatened to attack and kill anyone who dares to protest (apparently they reserve any kind of democratic action strictly for themselves), things might get hairy.

I'm getting my Red on, though, so they can flaming bring it on.

Wish me luck!

I made it safely back to the office! This part of the march was well organised, and very orderly. It felt really good to do this. I will try again this afternoon between 4 and 5, but then we'll do a standing protest at the other end of town, at a major intersection. We'll see how that goes.

*snugglebites mom*

so proud of having an Amyrlin like you ! You inspire us all !

Stay safe, though!

Edited by Chaelca

I made it safely back to the office! This part of the march was well organised, and very orderly. It felt really good to do this. I will try again this afternoon between 4 and 5, but then we'll do a standing protest at the other end of town, at a major intersection. We'll see how that goes.

I hope it goes as well!

I didn't make it to the 2nd march, but there's plans for another round on the 18th, which is a public holiday, so will try again then. Everything went relatively smoothly here - just a bit of trouble up in the north of the country.

Here are some photos, and 1 video:

20170407_091654.jpg

Edited by Elgee