DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

As I read... (potential spoilers)

Cross

Another issue is there was no technically no BA back then, but if it was a bad channleer easily could of been a surviving dreadlord.  Or simply a channeler as Dex said out looking to find items of power.  Just some guess as  idon't really remember the scene.  As dreadlords weren't sealed, the survivors were still  about until they got hunted down.

I believe it has been mentioned somewhere that in the War of Power, all channelers who defected to the Shadow were called Forsaken. The term "dreadlord" was created during the Trolloc Wars, as these new Darkfriend channelers didn't dare take on the name of Forsaken.

Now, what's not certain is whether the 13 Forsaken LTT sealed were only the 13 most powerful, or the 13 surviving Forsaken after LTT and the 100 companion's strike at Shayol Ghul.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know RJ said the information in the BWB about forsaken and dreadlords was wrong.   In the BWB it mentions every Aed Sedai who went over to the shadow during the war of power was a dreadlord, and all the dreadlords called themselves chosen,  and were known as the Forsaken to all others.  The thirteen most powerful of the forsaken were caught and sealed in the bore.  And that throughout the years no dreadlord afte dared call themselves forsaken,  But RJ said the information in the BWB was wrong.  I think he said only the most powerful of the dreadlords were known as forsaken.

Edited by Sabio

"two thousands years ago i took my trollocs across the world,

and even among the aes sedai i found those who knew despair,

who knew the world could not stand before shai'tan,for two

thousand years the black ajah has dwelt among others...."

FROM EYE OF THE WORLD.

approximately 800 years after the aes sedai incident during rand

sixth flashback in rhuidean.

Edited by jack of shadows

someone tell me a dragon shows up at some point so we dont have all this alluding to  'this strange animal on the banner' 

There are no dragons in WoT, or at least none in the timeline covered by the story.

Actually, there are, just not the ones you'd expect.  :wink:

Edited by SolarZ