DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Women's March 2017

Ryrin

The Women's March was a worldwide protest on January 21, 2017, to advocate legislation and policies regarding human rights and other issues, including women's rights, immigration reform, healthcare reform, the environment, LGBT rights, racial equality, freedom of religion, and workers' rights. The rallies were aimed at Donald Trump, immediately following his inauguration as President of the United States, largely due to statements and positions attributed to him regarded by many as anti-women or offensive.

Did you March?  Were you supportive of the marches that took place around the world? Why or why not? My niece sent me pictures of her march in Scotland. Please be respectful.

Yes... I live in the southern USA, and many people of all different political affiliations and walks of life are saying they think he'll be removed from office within 18-24 months because he's a businessman first, and doesn't know very much about politics or the American legal system. In fact, in case there are people on here's that don't know, his 1st executive order was struck down by our court system as being unconstitutional within days of being issued.

There is a professor who has correctly predicted the elections for about 30 years. He said Trump would win but also predicted he would be impeached.

What do you think about the Marches in particular and the fact that they took place all over the world?

I didn't march and I wasn't really supportive. It was a nice gesture, but in my experience, marches rarely accomplish anything, not unless they lead to forming stable coalitions that stand up for the values of whatever they were marching for. To my understanding, while there were a number of groups that attended the marches, doesn't seem like it built many alliances between them to that end. But that's me speaking as someone who has always been skeptical of nonviolent protest.

Archived